web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
nameless, tech says not seeing RTP from phone system side.
Biztel, In DM 2.1.5, VOIP RTP Option, here are settings:

MPS Service: On
No MPS to MGI: On
Sip to Sip MGI: On

Thanks All.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
Try disabling MPS as Biztel Cuban Okie Tech mentioned.

A few sip providers have issues with all the re-invites the samsung does when MPS is switched on and you get speech issues.

Can you get hold of the wireshark trace and send it to me at all?

Last edited by nameless; 01/04/15 09:34 AM.
OP Offline
Sorry for the late update. School was closed for winter break. We got Samsung on a call with the PA tech and wireshark. It seems the issue is what rtp ports the PA is listening in on. Rauland says only port used is 5060 and thats it. I tried changing RTP ports to 5060 in #831 to test but has to be in 10000-30000 range. Rauland has got this to work on Cisco and Avaya but not Samsung or NEC I'm told. Oh well.

The sip connection and the audio connection shouldn't be happening on the same ports together. You should have one port for sip connectivity which is 5060 and then it would translate to a media port, in the 30000 range for audio to go through. Find out what media ports the Paging equipment is using to make the audio connection. That is the only last thing I can think of.

OP Offline
Thanks Biztel. That's what we keep asking. PA techs say "the only port we need to be concerned with is 5060"

That may be true with Cisco and Avaya, they may do their signaling and audio over the same port. Unfortunately for us here at Samsung, we do not. So that is probably where your hiccup is at. Only thing I can say and try is to do a port translation on the PA side that states when something is coming in from port 30xxx to translate it to 5060. This may or may not work. I am not sure, that's just my final suggestion if they insist on it having to be the same port.

OP Offline
Well folks it's been awhile and the issue still has not been resolved. Please see below the latest update from engineering. Good grief!

Rauland’s device and our device are hard coded as you know as far as the SIP ports and the MGI ports. What is required is a “Middle Ware” product (software) that will run on a separate server connected to the network that would “bring the Rauland and the Samsung together” so to speak on the porting traffic. This middle ware application has to be researched to make sure it will work with both systems.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,769
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,455 Shoretel
188,311 CTX100 install
187,085 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 114 guests, and 295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024