web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#536881 10/03/12 12:19 PM
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
OP Offline
Today I called our tech support (we are Allworx dealers --about 7 yrs. We noticed that two of our 9212 extensions were staying lit, both on the other phone BLF keys and in Call Assistant. Not a big problem---the system and phones acted fine in all other aspects of operation. Deleting and resetting the phones seemed to help, but only for a week or so---then it would go back to the way it was. Again---no big deal---but a bit irritating.

In about a 2 minute call to tech support, I found out that our software version (7.4.3.5) was old. I had thought that it was the latest. Tech support recommended we upgrade to Version 7.4.8. I did. In about 10 minutes, the problem was solved. No fuss, no bother. In the upgrade program, it also upgraded the software in all of the phones.

Here's the point. Be careful if you buy these systems from a non-certified Allworx dealer---or from someone who is just selling a used Allworx. Upgrading the software is part of a maintenance process that is an integral part of all IP systems. Many, many hours of troubleshooting and many hours of frustration can be eliminated by someone who knows the system and can upgrade the Allworx systems to the latest software. Penny saved---pound foolish. A word to the wise.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RIP Moderator-General
RIP Moderator-General
Thanks for the heads up Mick..... thumbsup

...bob...

Bob Wells
WellComm, Inc.

"As long as nobody's dead or in jail, it can't be all that bad ! "
PM sent

Last edited by metelcom; 01/09/13 10:06 AM.
Be carefull, when they upgraded the software in the phones they messed up the full duplex of the speaker phones. If you go above 9 on the volume setting you will notice delays and a slight squeal on the phones especialy on an internal ICM call.

OP Offline
I tell our customers to NEVER go above 3 or 4. It's a 20 point scale---normal is "0"--"9" & "10" are at the extreme. At about 6 or 7--you start to have over-modulation problems.

A loud ambient noise area is not a good environment for these types of phones (either the 9100 or 9200 series). They are designed to be office phones. Cranking the volume up to maximum level does nothing but create problems. If your customers have to do that in order to hear---then something is wrong with the phone, the environment or the user. In some areas, speaker phones just can't be used efficiently.

Also, I have seen some computers & speakers create some difficulties with the Allworx phones. Some sort of RF interference possibly. I have had it happen in our office, but when I move things around, it stops. The same thing happens with my cell phone and my computer speakers. Electronics are wonderful devices, but sometimes they seem to have a mind of their own.

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
All word has been after me to take on there product line. Looking over several forums, there seems to be problems with there phones and software.
Any thoughts?
Thanks

OP Offline
If you're really interested in finding out some details about Allworx, I'd be happy to talk to you. email me at [email protected] with your phone number or PM me.

Administrator
Administrator
Unpin

Moderated by  JWRacedog 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,694
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (teleco, BobRobert), 108 guests, and 249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024