Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
He's saying if your paging device supports trunk port page input you could hook it up that way and SMDR would report the call. If not your best bet is the way i mentioned. The downside is it will add one step to do an overhead page, the upside is either they will immediately stop doing it or you'll know who did it right away.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

We have an officeserv 7400, the paging is done through some internal process, apparently on channel 6 of a LP card located in Cabinet 1. Is there a way to "re-route" this through a phone number so that it can get logged without purchasing any additional hardware? If so, can you give me some direction?

BTW, Thank you for the help thus far, I genuinely do appreciate it.

Regards

pvj Offline
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
If you have analog trunk ports and have a spare one then you can do what I said and hook it up to a trunk port that SMDR will record.It sounds like maybe you aren't a tech ,do you have someone who deals with the system?This would be fairly simple to accomplish.

What exactly is the situation here?How do they page currently?What code are they dialing is it only external paging, is there any internal paging in use at all?Can you use all page and see on a display set where the page is coming from?

Well for all intents and purposes I am a tech, but unfortunately my experience is in data. I could change the allocation and free up a trunk port, but my efforts to forward to the paging system have all failed.

There is a "group type" associated with the page system and I can't assign forwards to the feature code nor the internal telephone number (the latter being a head scratcher for me)

I also tried the reverse, making a standard phone line the destination for the feature code... this also failed.

When you say the SMDR for logging, the only thing I have found that gives me Phone Call logs is the Com Port with a PC logging. I was sure I could walk the SNMP tree and find a trap that includes at least phone calls, but I have not found it yet.

Regards,

Sorry, to answer the other questions,

We only use external Paging (all analogue phones) Currently the external page activation is "8" followed by a single digit for zone, the feature can be remapped but it won't allow a translation to an external telephone number

pvj Offline
You should be able to renumber a trunk port to your paging code.
In fact what I would do is renumber a trunk port to 8 and let the second number they dial be the number dialed on the trunk .I am assuming that the SMDR would want to "see" a number dialed so the second digit in your page access would accomplish that.Like I said fairly simple to do ,you must have someone who takes care of service on the system.It would be fairly simple to do.If you don't understand what I'm trying to get you to do it would be worth your time to get a tech in and do it.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,769
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,454 Shoretel
188,306 CTX100 install
187,085 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
3 members (newtecky, Carl Navarro, James D.), 121 guests, and 269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024