web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I work at a veterinary hospital and recently we moved offices around and people were getting new extension numbers. I attempted to reprogram dss keys to help everyone page the right people (eg one Dr. used to have ext 105, new room has ext 124). When i began reprogramming one of the phones, we ran into issues.

First, I cant seem to find out how to program dss into second levels (shift + programmed key).

Second, I must have hit a key on accident because ever since reprogramming the dss shortcuts, the phones intercom function doesnt work properly. When he is intercommed, name of person calling appears on top but phone does not ring and he cannot talk to the person until he picks up the handset.

Finally, using the query function i found that his paging buttons are programmed properly (i compared working phone vs messed up phone, programmed exactly the same), yet when you click on his designated paging buttons, nothing happens.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Shift for edge 700 phones only functions with the Wave System, not the SBX or any other system.

Most system use the trans/pgm button to set the key function.

Without telling us exactly what system you have we can't really help you.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
Admin
Admin
Sounds more like a Comdial FXII with EP100 sets according to the post in the Comdial section.

[Linked Image]
OP Offline
Most of the phones here are comdial ep100s, but this particular phone was a vertical edge 100. we switched it out with an extra ep100 and it had the same problems as the edge

OP Offline
And im not very fluent in any phone stuff so let me try to find out what system we have.

OP Offline
Does MP5-BCH mean anything? It is a Comdial System

Admin
Admin
It's a Comdial FXII. The MP5-BCH is the cabinet that holds the cards. This is running a dual thread and hard to follow. Locking this one. Please refer any responses to the one in the Comdial forum.

[Linked Image]

Moderated by  EV607797, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,796 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 116 guests, and 244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024