web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I have found many solutions to my inter-tel problems by searching the boards. One problem I cannot seem to solve is how do I create a single line extension in my axcess software or how to change a keyset to a single line?

I have an area of my building that has a inter-tel phone jack and phone. I want to put an outgoing fax in that location. I noticed in the, axcess software/db studio v 8.004, that i have 2 fax lines/extensions. How should I go about getting an outgoing fax there?

Thanks in advance for any help...

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

You can not just change a keyset to a single line. You need a single line card (SLC or SLC16) or a SLA.
Once you purchase the card, you need to install it and then go into your programming and set the card and extensions. Can you go into DB studio and tell me what cards are installed now?

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
OP Offline
All I see is the 3 digital keyset cards, 1 loop start card, 1 T1 Primary rate Interface card, and 1 Central Processor/CPC-Dual.

We currently have two "stations" set as single line faxes, and this is what we want to re-create. We have two extensions that need to switch to fax machines in our new building. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Can you tell us the port number for those two single lines? I'm guessing that they are via a SLA (single line adapter) which is a piece of equipment that can take one digital keyset port and convert it to two analog (single line) ports.

OP Offline
It is Port 01:03.16 Dual Single Lines. Would that mean that I have an adaptor physically plugged in to the system? Where would I look for it? Thanks again for the help.

Those two single line ports will be 01:03:16:01 and 01:03:16:02. The SLA is a charcoal colored box, approx 6" x 8" square, 2.5" deep. The front will have two ports labeled SL1 and SL2. The rear will be labeled Inter-Tel Single Line Adapter 550.2500. There will be a ground lug and a single port labeled DKSC on the back as well.

OP Offline
So what is the best way to convert a digital keyset extension to an analog line for the fax? Can I just change the type of port to dual single line and be good to go? Or what else would need to be done? Do I need that converter?

Yes, you will need either a single line adapter (SLA) which uses a digital keyset port, or a single line card (SLC) which comes in 8 and 16 port configurations and requires a card slot in the KSU cabinet.

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,793
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,224 Shoretel
188,993 CTX100 install
187,380 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 135 guests, and 404 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024