web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
That, it CAN do. Alarm triggers can optionally call a phone or other fun things. I have only had a chance to play with one camera so far....still on my to do list for my home.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Admin
Admin
Wow. In about 15 minutes, I got my 2 analog lines and my 2160 phone up and running. I actually made a call outbound and everything! Now to set up the SIP trunks....

Admin
Admin
Just a little follow-up to my Grandstream experiment. I like this system. Through the magic of Voipsupply.com and eBay, I now own THREE phones on my system and I picked up a 4-port box for analog cameras(GXP-3504). Tech support gave me the instructions to interface my Yealink T-28 phone to the UCM and I'm playing with the features. Kinda sneaky, but there is a blacklist feature that plays SIT tones and a disconnect message. I haven't played with the wildcard commands, but it could be that the wily telemarketer that uses a fake CID can be blanket blocked by area code and/or exchange.

My desk workstation now displays the weather https://public.carl.airpost.net/misc/Wx.jpg st the push of a button. I think in a couple of weeks, I might even be able to propose this system as an alternative or primary product to prospects who want to "get one of those VoIP systems".

Once you get the hang of them and really learn all of things it can and can't do, they are great little systems. When you get wholesale pricing on the equipment, it it easy to make a fair amount of profit and still come in way under almost any other competing setup.

We have sold several to a customer of ours with several large(ish) sites running networked IP Offices and they wanted a cheaper way to tie in their "micro-sites" (small remote office trailers with 2-5 phones). We can sell them a grandstream with phones for cheaper than just the base IP500 before licenses.

It isn't a perfect system (what system is?), but is very nice having it as an option.

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Saturday i'm removing a Grandstream system and replacing it with Avaya IP Office. Customer Very unhappy with system. He truly got what he paid for. Not much.

Any more recent experience?

---

I have been finding many, many positive things about Grandstream UCM6100 series systems on the internet. Most everyone is saying that the trade-off of a "more restricted" asterisk server with the "more easily configured" Web GUI is the best idea yet. As anyone knows: Flexibility usually leads to Complexity.

I have not yet worked with one of these. I have messed around with Asterisk a bit, but have not supported a customer on this platform.

What completely blows me away, is the FXO/FXS ports built-in. To buy this hardware separately (for an Asterisk server) costs more than the UCM61xx itself!

I have watched the 4 hour training seminar on YouTube from the Grandstream "head of engineering" (recorded by "LucidPhone")

IMHO, I think that this system with the latest firmware and the latest phones is really going to be a game changer.

The FSX gateways (GXW42xx) let you add up to 48 analog phones via gigabit ethernet (I am thinking for a small motel?) A few grandstream cameras work as doorphones. Nothing restricts this system from using third-party hardware. Should be possible to add a YeaStar TG400 GSM Gateway as backup phone trunks.

My curiosity is piqued.

Important to note: You want this phone network to be separate from the SMB customer's network (VLAN or separate POE switch). There are a lot of "dirty" networks out there that can cause issues (too many broadcasts). Plus internet upload bandwidth can be sucked up by employees playing WOW on the network. A separate ISP connection or a router with BWM enabled is advised. See as an example from one SIP provider:
https://kb.intermedia.net/Article/3041

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,283
Posts638,765
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,446 Shoretel
188,302 CTX100 install
187,081 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 161 guests, and 131 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024