web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Have a possible new customer that has 1 old location and one new location. Wants to hook both together. I would use Avaya IP at both locations. I need a little help and to what equipment I would need. The old location has a partner 5x9 and 308 in 2 slot carrier. I know that has to be changed. New location has at this time nothing. Old location has 4 trunks and 9 stations with door unit. new location will have 2 trunks and 8 stations but only start with 4 stations at this time. Ithink this is what I need Combo card, 8 station dig card, 500 V2 with sd configured essntl lic the combo would have the vcm,s would I need anything else besides the VPN,s between locations I appreciate any help anyone can give me

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
In an SCN (Small Community Network) of 2 systems, they both need Essential license, and 1 of them will need Preferred.

So, system A would need:
2 - Combo Cards (combo card is same price as DS8 with more resources)
IP500
SD card
Essential
Preferred
VCE Network 4 (licenses h323 trunks)
Computer to run (Linux) Application server (Voicemail Pro and 1xp)

System B would need:
1 Combo Card
IP500
SD Card
Essential Edition License
VCE Network 4

Combo cards are the best bang for the buck as they are the same price as DS8, but include analog, trunking, and VCM Resources.
Please dont take this design to the bank, just yet. i would hope you are an Avaya Partner, and, if this is your first SCN, go to your distributor for design assistance, just to make sure.

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Can't he VPN it and use a router ?

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
As long as the 2 IP Offices can route to each other, then yes. You can use MPLS, VPN, metro ethernet as long as they can route.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,457 Shoretel
188,313 CTX100 install
187,087 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 144 guests, and 298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024