Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#595588 11/29/15 08:25 AM
DonaldR Offline OP
OP Offline
Have a customer who constantly forgets to check the Message Manager box (998).

TVA50 connected to a TA824. I see in the TVA50 settings for the Message Manager the MWL can be enabled, but where would it appear?

Is there a way to program a light-able button of a Proprietary phone to have a MWL lamp for the Message Manager?

I did see that you can forward/move/copy messages from the message manager's box to another box but I wanted to know if a MWL lamp possible first.

"Most people don't have a sense of humor. They think they do, but they don't." --Jonathan Winters
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Admin
Admin
The MWL is possible, but I'm not sure if it works on an 824. The better solution is to make sure it NEVER has a message put in it.

That's done by setting the defaults in the Custom Message fields to put unresolved calls into someone's mailbox. Generally, I rout it to the message manager's phone, as in Mailbox 101 or whatever.

That means you have to define all no-answer and dial zero conditions to a mailbox.

Carl

DonaldR Offline OP
OP Offline
While re-examining the TVA50's abilities, I thought maybe forwarding the message managers msgs to a mbx which isn't attached to a extension and have one of the light-able buttons show that there are messages for the msg mgrs at the Admin Aid (operator) proprietary set.

The phone tech/contractor re-recorded the Custom Service message without indicating "enter zero for the operator", however this doesn't stop callers from pressing the zero key.

I suggested he be sure and uncheck the "zero for operator" box in all of the mbx settings.

Now if I could only convince him to convince them to get rid of the external voice mail provided by the phone company.

Your suggestion seems much simpler than my idea.

Thanks
Don Resor
Los Angeles

Last edited by DonaldR; 11/30/15 08:52 AM.

"Most people don't have a sense of humor. They think they do, but they don't." --Jonathan Winters
OBT Offline
Admin
Admin
You can set a real extension of mailbox manager to extension 101 or any other extension

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,280
Posts638,741
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,299 Shoretel
188,179 CTX100 install
187,022 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 15
dexman 4
teleco 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (newtecky, mongo5150, dans), 84 guests, and 102 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024