web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
ABLE1 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello all,

I am not sure what the feature would be called or even if it is possible with a STS3535-00 and In-Skin Voice Mail.

What I am being asked is, can the system be set up so that after hours should customer call and would press 1
for "emergency service". The system would then place the caller on hold,
call out on another line to the "Tech on Duty" and then connect the calls.

So, is that possible and what (if any) other boards or equipment would be needed with the above system??

Any assist would be great.

Just knowing the name or ID of the feature would be a big help.

Thanks,

Les

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

You could point digit 1 to an extension that is off-net forwarded and it would work in the manner you described.If they aren't using the analog ports on the side of the KSU, you could use them for forwarding. You could also use a digital port, or depending on the software level, you might be able to forward a virtual extension. Hope this helps!

"I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken"
ABLE1 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi adteldon, thanks for the response.

Ok, so as I understand your posting, it is possible with the existing equipment.

Do I understand how to make it happen from your posting. Not a clue.

It may be that this process may be more of a challenge than I am willing to get involved with at this time.

It would seem the first thing that would need to be done is to check on the software version that is installed on the KSU.

I will have to talk to the customer to explain the possibilities.

BTW what is the correct terminology or feature phraseology that would apply to what is desired??

Thanks,

Les

Last edited by ABLE1; 11/30/15 06:32 PM.
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
The system will transfer a caller to an outside number but it will not technically put the caller on hold first. By that I mean that as soon as the caller hits 2 (don't use one) the system will immediately access a second line and dial the tech on call, while the caller will hear ringback not hold music if you have it.

To accomplish this you simply need to set your auto attendant to call an extension, which can be a virtual number which is off net call forwarded to a speed dial number containing the tech's cell number. If the tech doesn't answer, the call should go into his cell voice mail.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
ABLE1 Offline OP
OP Offline
Derrick,

I was just looking through the paper docs on the In Skin Voice Mail. Seems a bit skimpy at best. Maybe it is there but I did not see anything on my initial look. I will have to pull up my old laptop that has the software installed. As I remember I can't see any programming features unless I am connected to the system. Is that correct??

Actually you make it sound simple. It is just that I am a bit lost thinking how to make an incoming call to transfer to a CO line as opposed to an Extension. Is it just a matter of a pull down choice or something??

Thanks,

Les

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Set the auto attendant menu (ccr) digit 2 to transfer to an extension. Forward the extension to a speed dial number Thats it.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
ABLE1 Offline OP
OP Offline
WOW!!! It is amazing how much easier things are once you know how.
smiley-bounce
THANKS!!!

Les

ABLE1 Offline OP
OP Offline
Derrick and others,

Am I correct?? It that what you describe can be done with the STSe and In Skin Voice Mail might also be possible with at NEC DSX40 and Intramail??

Or should I ask that question over on the NEC forum??

Thanks again!!

Les

Able1,

Derrick is right about not using digit "1" for this process, but if your extension range is using 200 or 300 or whatever, you CAN use digit 1. If it is using the default range of the 100 series you won't be able to dial any extensions from the main menu if you have digit "1" pointed to an off-net forwarded extension. You stated in the first post that you are using the 3535-00 which is the hard drive inskin version as well, so you will be looking for "menu" and not CCR. You will have to look at the "Lines" to see if they are pointed to a time control or menu. If they are pointed to a "time control", you need to check which menu the time control is using. It is most likely using menu 100 for the day and menu 120 for night. Once you have made sure which menu's you are using, the only changes you need to make are these...

1-Create a speed dial bin (system or personal) with the cell number.(I recommend system speed dial in-case you chose to use a virtual extension)

2- Off-net forward the extension you have chosen to the speed dial bin.

3-Point the chosen digit in the auto attendant to the extension you have forwarded in the day and night menu's.

4- Test it.

Not to make this even more confusing, but you may be able to point the digit directly to the system speed dial bin since it is the hard drive version, but I don't remember, maybe Derrick or someone else does.

As far as whether or not it will work on an NEC system, I would say that this should work on any system made in the last 20 years, but may need to be set up differently from system to system.

"I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken"
ABLE1 Offline OP
OP Offline
adteldon and Derrick,

I have explained the process of how it would work with the customer. I was told that they would rather use a off hour answering service to direct the emergence calls to a give tech.

Soooooo the programming project is not going to happen.

However, I have learned that it is possible and what needs to be done to make this work in the future, should I be asked.

I appreciate all the help and assist. More importantly this process may prove to be helpful to others in the future.

Have a good week and thanks again!!!

Les

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,113 Shoretel
187,718 CTX100 install
186,811 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
Who's Online Now
2 members (justbill, Touch Tone Tommy), 66 guests, and 419 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024