web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
ChrisRR Offline OP
Moderator-1A2
OP Offline
Moderator-1A2
Just when I was starting to like you..... HEY! Wait a minute.... Didn't you promise me some 1A2 stuff for Christmas?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Christmas of what year?

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

ChrisRR Offline OP
Moderator-1A2
OP Offline
Moderator-1A2
Do I need to show you the email?

EDIT: Email sent

Last edited by ChrisRR; 01/06/16 08:29 PM.

"Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance."

David Mamet

Mark
Now I'm curious. If you plug a plain old s/l set into the box and make a call and the far end hangs up and you don't what do you hear? If you do the same thing monitoring the line and both ends hang up what do you hear in monitor on the butt set?
Inquiring minds want to know. Come on Arthur send the guy a 401a, a 403 or a 400D card. I know you must have a garage full. LOL.

John 807
ChrisRR Offline OP
Moderator-1A2
OP Offline
Moderator-1A2
If I plug a s/l right into the box and the other party hangs up it almost immediately returns to dial tone. A buttset in monitor, I haven't tried. I've been pretty busy the last few days. They have called me a couple more times about the issue. Today they wanted to know what kind of phone system I have connected to it. As if it matters. The problem would be the same if I had an old answering machine on it. I'd have a tied up line till it ran out of tape/memory. I didn't dare tell them it was a 1A2, they would be even more clueless than they are now. I told 'em I had the ACS behind it. At least the dope recognized the name Avaya. I wonder if modern answering machines can detect DT and hang up since most voip crap today can't even do a simple loop disconnect.

Arthur knows better than to send me a bunch of crusty 400d cards! An ITT 403..... that could be interesting, but we all know Arthur is a Bell/WECO guy. And I have a Valcom 19 station tone/rotary dial intercom with dial tone and ringback, and a melco 10 station tone icom with dt and rb. I have two 401's on a shelf (I think they're 401B's) that I'll never use.

ChrisRR Offline OP
Moderator-1A2
OP Offline
Moderator-1A2
I just tested it again to be sure. I took my trusty western electric 2500D and plugged it into that box. I called into it with my cell and answered. (Puts out nice ring voltage-Loud and crisp) Anyway, I hung up the cell while lightly blowing into the transmitter of the 2500 (listening to the sidetone). Forget about listening to the sidetone die if the loop opened, it went INSTANTLY back to dial tone. Maybe I can win the powerball and just buy the local CO and not have to worry about this crap.

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
I may be missing something, or my reading comprehension skills have diminished- have you tried connecting the 'bad' line to a different port on your 1A2 just to prove it's NOT your equipment, or swapping known good stuff with suspect stuff to track the symptoms? It sounds like you have two distinct issues here- possible low loop current and no CPC signal. No current and low current aren't the same thing.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
ChrisRR Offline OP
Moderator-1A2
OP Offline
Moderator-1A2
Your reading comprehension skills have not diminished. This thread has been wandering, and that's mostly my fault. I have both problems. There is definitely no CPC on this "line" and it also has low loop current. It's VoIP, and I knew going in, I was apt to have issues like this. The CPC problem has cropped up only recently. It was giving a proper loop disconnect up until maybe a few weeks ago. The problem of low loop current has probably been there all along. I previously had this line going into my Avaya ACS with the 1A2 behind the ACS, connected to station ports. The ACS was likely masking the low loop current the entire time. I switched things around after getting some Melco S64-1 A-lead adapters, putting the 1A2 ahead of the ACS, and using the A-lead adapters wired so when an ACS phone is used, I get A-lead closure on the 1A2. They also allow me to retrieve calls on the ACS that were placed on hold on the 1A2. Previously, the ACS would have been supplying the loop current to the 1A2, and now that the 1A2 is ahead of the ACS, the sets are relying on the loop current directly from the VoIP devices. I only have one set that's really having issues with the low current, and it's a crappy SC wall set in my furnace room. I have one I can swap it with that will work. The other low loop current problem was the Melco A-lead adapters wouldn't trigger reliably, but I have changed the wiring so they seem to be working correctly and reliably now. I can --tolerate-- the low loop current problem since I have a work around, but this lack of CPC is a no-go. I thought about one of Sandman's CPC generators, or a Viking CPC-1, but the cost is prohibitive for a hobby setup. Unless someone wants to part with a used one for a reasonable amount, I'm stuck fighting the incompetence of a VoIP provider's "Tech Support" team. I have provisioned a dozen VoIP adapters for use with the collectors network (C*Net) and I know how easy it is to check the little box next to "Send CPC", but that seems to be lost on the minimum wage earning dope a couple continents away, whom I am at the mercy of.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Keep in mind that these third-party CPC generators require the detection of silence or reorder tone in order to operate, so I wouldn't waste the money on them. What you really need is a loop extender that replicates a line with 'real' voltage and current. Viking's LLA-1 will provide this, but as you said, for a hobby project, the cost may be prohibitive:

TAKE A LOOK HERE

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  ChrisRR, EV607797, Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024