web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#596672 01/05/16 05:56 PM
ChrisRR Offline OP
Moderator-1A2
OP Offline
Moderator-1A2
Thought you guys might get a chuckle out of this.
I guess after getting a taste of the cool-aid I deserve what I had coming. Today I noticed one of my voip lines wasn't sending the proper CPC signal, causing abandoned calls to stay on hold forever. Like all day, after my brother in law put me on hold and forgot about me and I come home at 9:30 at night to see the little line light winking at me across the garage. So I reboot the gizmo, and no love. The other identical gizmo is working right, and the other two voip devices (comcast and obihai) are working just fine. Each drops battery for a short time and lets the system release like its supposed to do. I spent an hour on the phone with someone from, I'm guessing India, trying to explain what calling party control is and why it needs to work again. To his credit he listened to me and -finally- understood what it is and why it's important that it works. My trouble ticket was elevated to the next level of support. We'll see.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Good luck getting it fixed!

Sam

"Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?"
ChrisRR Offline OP
Moderator-1A2
OP Offline
Moderator-1A2
My frustration began when I was putting in the Melco A-lead adapters I bought off another member. These are supposed to be able to take a call off hold in addition to the usual lighting the line lamp and halting ringing. On the comcast line, the adapter worked flawlessly. On the ooma lines, not so much. I had first wired them with t&r on the station side of the line card. In this configuration the only line that I could retrieve off hold was the comcast line. The ooma lines would not release. Then I wired t&r to the CO side of the line card and they seem to work... ok. There's a little lag before they release, but they do release. The comcast line works perfectly on either side, with no lag. As soon as I pick up on of the SLT's it releases instantly. My only guess is it must be a loop current problem. On hook battery is 48.1V comcast, 47.9 ooma #1, and 47.5 ooma #2. Off hook comcast was 9v and both ooma's were in the 6V area. I don't have a meter that does mA, so I can only make a rough guess based on the on/off hook voltage differences as tested with a 2500 set. One of my 1A2 phones won't dial anymore on the ooma lines, the touch tones sound all distorted. I've checked polarity and it's fine. The same phone dials fine on the lines connected to the partner and the obihai. That's my other low current clue. I'm partly just venting my frustrations and partly wondering how others have dealt with some of these issues. I looked at loop current boosters, but they're too expensive for a hobby setup. Any thoughts anyone?

ChrisRR Offline OP
Moderator-1A2
OP Offline
Moderator-1A2
@ Sam, I know, but at the moment I've got nothing better to do, so I don't mind fighting my way through the incompetence till I find someone who knows how to check the little box that says "Send CPC?" On my C*net ATA's it's that easy since they are unlocked. They all send the proper loop disconnect to my equipment. This locked up, proprietary stuff.... I'm at the mercy of an idiot 9000 miles away...

I can't be the only fool with a 1A2 running on Voip lines...

Last edited by ChrisRR; 01/05/16 06:42 PM.
No, you're not.

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

ChrisRR Offline OP
Moderator-1A2
OP Offline
Moderator-1A2
Thanks, Uncle Arthur! smile

Chris,
Send them this link https://www.sandman.com/cpcbull.html
Good Luck

John 807
ChrisRR Offline OP
Moderator-1A2
OP Offline
Moderator-1A2
It's funny, John. I already have that Sandman page open in my browser. So far they sent me an email saying they changed some settings and to reboot the device. I did that and it still doesn't work. Then I did the online chat, which I think is a robot anyways, and they said they did a firmware update. Rebooted again and still no luck. On the phone with them now trying second level support. Amazing... At least this gentleman sounds as though English is his first language.

ChrisRR Offline OP
Moderator-1A2
OP Offline
Moderator-1A2
I can't believe something as simple as a battery drop could be so complicated to get right.

Especially since the box CAN do it and USED to do it in the past.

EDIT: I just finished on the phone with the rep. They are going to send me a new device!! Hip hip hooray!

Last edited by ChrisRR; 01/06/16 07:26 PM.
Your youthful, boundless enthusiasm for a potentially disappointing result is so refreshing to us old farts...or, to put it another way..."fat chance."

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  ChrisRR, EV607797, Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,113 Shoretel
187,717 CTX100 install
186,811 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
Who's Online Now
3 members (Touch Tone Tommy, KRRath, Curlycord), 72 guests, and 410 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024