web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Wait, I remember why, as a retire of Ma Bell it's free.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

ChrisRR Offline OP
Moderator-1A2
OP Offline
Moderator-1A2
Haha, is it a real copper line, at least?

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
I use mine all the time, especially when I need to dial into a system's modem for remote maintenance. I also like the fact that I don't have to worry about the crappy cell reception that we get here in my house's lower level.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
ChrisRR Offline OP
Moderator-1A2
OP Offline
Moderator-1A2
Sadly, mine are all VoIP, but for the most part they work very well. I too use my house phone every chance I get. I actually forward my cell to my house number when I'm home, the calls are much clearer. The built in rotary to tone converter in the partner makes the system indispensable. It's also nice to be able to delay or shut off ringing to some extensions just by some simple programming. With all the phones I have, it would be unbearable if they all rang. Plus it lets me have the phones ring upstairs on my parent's line and downstairs on my lines. I had the opportunity to work on a Tadiran Emerald Ice system a few weeks ago at the car dealership I was doing some work for. I know any unfamiliar system is a learning curve, but I didn't think it was intuitive at all.

ChrisRR Offline OP
Moderator-1A2
OP Offline
Moderator-1A2
My other gripe about people today is that everyone thinks you know exactly who's calling so they never announce themselves. Remember in days past when someone called, they would say something like "hey Chris, its Steve." Or whatever. Nowadays people expect you to know exactly who's on the other end. I get sick of telling people "I have no idea who you are, I'm on a 60 year old telephone with no caller-id." I do fall into the category, though of not being able to remember numbers well anymore. Cell phones and contact lists have spoiled even me. I feel dopey at times looking up a number in my Iphone just to dial it on an old 302. I still think the 302 sounds better than my cell phone though, in both directions.

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
Hey Chris,

If they are still available, you could parallel wire some Caller ID boxes. I remember sending some to Sam several years ago to use in conjunction with his 1A2. smile

I Love FEATURE 00
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Dex, you did. And they're still hooked up and working.

Sam

"Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?"
ChrisRR Offline OP
Moderator-1A2
OP Offline
Moderator-1A2
Yes, that would work, but then I'd still have to remember who's number is who's. Plus for three locations and five lines, that gets to be a lot of CID boxes. The point I was trying to make was that people in this day and age just expect you to know who's calling. I wish they made a multi line CID box. That would be useful. Where I have partner display phones, I'm set, but again, I don't remember everyone's number and cell phones usually show up as "Cell Phone NH" and the number. Some will show up as the town the exchange is in, but that's rare. I just wish people had the telephone etiquette of the time before cell phones. Goes back to my original point that people think I'm weird because I have to ask who's calling, as if I'm supposed to automatically know. Some of my friends I can distinguish their voice, but some are so similar that it throws me for a loop. Sometimes I just go along with the conversation till I figure it out.

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
It primarily depends on how the information is entered into the LIDB. Cellular numbers rarely have names associated with them, but landlines almost always do.

2-line Caller ID boxes used to exist, but, with all but the most inexpensive telephones now sporting Caller ID displays, stand alone boxes have all but disappeared.

At this point, I'm surprised that the RBOCS still offer dial tone without Caller ID. I suppose alarm systems have no use for Caller ID, but, from a residential perspective, include Caller ID with even the most basic service.

I Love FEATURE 00
ChrisRR Offline OP
Moderator-1A2
OP Offline
Moderator-1A2
Some pictures of my new backboard. Its not 100% yet, but its close.

[Linked Image from i34.photobucket.com]

And the Partner

The four blocks to the immediate left of the partner are there just to extend the 5 25pr station cables that were too short. I didn't want them there, but I had little choice. Also the white wire coiled on top of the ACS is gone, too. It's supposed to go to the contact closure adjunct, but I haven't reinstalled it yet.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Touch Tone Tommy 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,279
Posts638,738
Members49,763
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,284 Shoretel
188,169 CTX100 install
187,017 1a2 system
Newest Members
gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo, highlysecptial, BPopilek
49,762 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 14
teleco 4
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 64 guests, and 75 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024