web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Wow, that is a lot of blocks!

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
A 15x40 Partner ACS configuration! shocked

I Love FEATURE 00
ChrisRR Offline OP
Moderator-1A2
OP Offline
Moderator-1A2
Most of those blocks are spares. The first column is for the partner, which I can't see needing any more in a 2000sf house. The second and third column are station blocks for the 1A2, and the fourth and fifth column are spares. The three blocks under the partner are, from left to right, CO lines(essentially a demarc), Partner CO lines, and 1A2 CO lines. Some of the Partner lines come from the left hand CO block, and some come from the 1A2 block because they go through Melco s64-1 A lead adapters. The four "pstn" lines go through the A-lead adapters, the rest of the lines are all C*net lines. Line 1 is our comcast line, lines 2&3 are the ooma lines, and line 4 is my google voice line, made into copper by an obihai ATA. My monthly phone bill is under $10. Though, you definitely get what you pay for. My power was out for an hour this morning, and despite having the router on a circuit that runs on the generator, nothing worked because comcast hasn't changed the batteries in the node down the street... ever.

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
About the only thing that might get them to move on those batteries are the words "I'm switching to your competitor".

I Love FEATURE 00
ChrisRR Offline OP
Moderator-1A2
OP Offline
Moderator-1A2
When we first moved to this house, we would get about 3 hours of internet and phone in a power outage, provided I got the generator up and running, now... nothing. I'm sure the cold doesn't help, but sheesh, we oughta get something. Maybe this can be my next pointless mission. Still fighting with ooma for a CPC. I did give them the line "If it doesn't get fixed, I'm going to have to look elsewhere for service" So far, no response.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
I think it looks great, especially for a hobbyist setup.

As for the Comcast failure, the only thing that they are obligated to support in a power failure is 911 service through their own EMTAs. If you're using IP devices via traditional IP addressing, they have no idea what your data packets are all about.

Regardless, that's not the point. The 911 support is via the internal battery backup in their EMTA, not the ones out on the poles to support their network. With that said, if their network goes down, their battery powered EMTA is useless.

There's a Comcast power supply across from my neighborhood's entrance that has an issue. They chained a generator to the base of the pole to power it until they get the power restored. In Virginia Beach, Cox actually has permanentely-installed generators that are powered by natural gas to feed power supplies for their system nodes. I guess that being in a coastal environment, they need to be prepared for anything.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
ChrisRR Offline OP
Moderator-1A2
OP Offline
Moderator-1A2
Thanks, Ed.
As far as the comcast stuff goes, we don't have the battery in their EMTA, but it's on a circuit that's wired to the generator. Regardless, in a power outage nothing works anymore. No phone, no 911, no internet, nothing. It has steadily decreased from about 3 hours, 2 years ago, to nothing at all now.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Touch Tone Tommy 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,097 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,792 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 90 guests, and 236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024