web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
With all those security issues why would any business especially want to use Windows 10?

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
If you are using Stardoc's Start8 with 8.1, make sure you uninstall it BEFORE you upgrade to Windows 10. If you don't the 10 start menu will hose up, it goes away, and a system restore is about the only thing you can do to fix it.

Also Windows 10 screen mirroring does not work with any device except for some obscure microsoft hdmi/wifi dongle. That kinda makes me mad, because 8.1 worked like a dream with my Sony Smart Blu Ray player.

My wife hates 10 due to the fact that the navtive email program is well crap. 8.1's email was a lot better, but Microsoft downgraded it with 10 which is suppose to be an upgrade, go figure. She made me downgrade her Acer Tablet back to 8.1. Of course she keeps getting the Nag screen telling her to use her free upgrade to 10. She threatened to make me sleep on the couch until I am eligible for medicare if I upgrade back to 10.

Last edited by Derrick; 11/02/15 05:33 PM.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
Now that's a good review! aok I think I'd take her at her word on the couch thing. bed

Retired phone dude
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Edge is really an application made for tablets, I think its why is struggles so much.

I have upgraded to Win10 with no issues, but you have to follow certain steps.

FIRST... BACKUP ALL IMPORTANT DATA TO AN EXTERNAL SOURCE!

If you are using Win 8/8.1 then it should upgrade without a problem, and should actually run better. But do not do the automatic upgrade through Microsoft. Download the upgrade to a USB drive and run it from there. If it asks you to check and install updates first, I recommend skipping this stel. Once you upgrade Win 8/8.1 you will have 30 days to revert back if you don't like, and you may not be able to revert it back correctly without some tools. Win10 is much better than Win8, you just need to make sure its installed properly.

On Win 7, make sure your copy is valid, and check the specs to make sure your laptop will upgrade properly. Not all Windows 7 machines meet the upgrade criteria.

You cannot upgrade XP or Vista for free. If you need these upgraded, just buy a new laptop and save yourself the headache!

Once you upgrade

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
Windows 10 is a hell of an improvement from 8. You get best of both worlds, app/tile interface or traditional start menu and everything in between.

Edge is much improved and by far one of the quickest browsers out there now. https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/best-windows-browser

As mentioned; do a clean install from a USB. If you have windows 7, your 25 digit Win7 key will activate Win10 upon installation.

If you happened to have let the upgrade run, I would still due a clean install from a USB key. Keep in mind, once 10 activates an install on a PC, its logged for life and you shouldn't need a key for any re-installations.

Most importantly, if you can, Max out your ram its probably the best you can do, hardware performance wise, on an older machine running 10.

Last edited by rustynails; 03/02/16 11:41 PM.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,772
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,461 Shoretel
188,330 CTX100 install
187,093 1a2 system
Newest Members
James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick
49,765 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 172 guests, and 284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024