web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hey gang,

Here is an easy one I hope. I bought some more 8660 IP phone and need to upgrade the firmware (I already have the IPRC card installed and working). Now I need help getting it on the phone. I have the firmware. What best and easy way to do this. I have tried the upload utility, but it fail each time it try to connect. Thanks in adavnce.
Alan
Axxess ver 8.2

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

If you don't have the latest firmware, you'll need to get it from Inter-Tel. I have the documentation if you want. PM me with your email address and I'll send it to you.

Use the upload utility. It probably is failing b/c you are using the wrong username/password combo. You can test this by browsing to the fone in Internet Explorer. If you can login to the fone's web server successfully, then use that use/pass combo in the upload utility.

If that still doesn't work, log back into the fone's web server, place the fone into 'Download Mode' and try the upload utility again.

Make sure the model number. The multi-protocol endpoints will not update with the update utility. You have to use TFTP to update their firmware.

ShoreTel, Inter-Tel, Mitel, NEC, Zeacom, Cisco, Digium, Adtran Certified
http://www.voipnetworkengineering.blogspot.com
OP Offline
Update:
From what I have read so far, the TFTP only works with 8600, 8620/8622 8662 and 8690 multi-protocol endpoints. It look like the 8660(model number verified) was the first IP endpoint. It has basic web interface. And no place to point to a TFTP server or a web address.

The Upload utility is closest I have gotten. I have verified the username and password. Put the phone in download mode does not seem to help either way.

Keep the suggestion coming, I will try just about anything now.

The upload utility uses TFTP, it just uses it in the inverse of the other IP fone models. If you can authenticate to the fone via http, place it in 'download' state and the uplaod utility still fails, make sure you have the correct firmware file.

What error do you get when it fails?

OP Offline
Good News! Finally got the upload utility to work. I took the phone home to my small home network and I ungraded the frimware on the first try. It must have been something with our company's network.
Thanks to all for your input.

LeapgOrf, What version did you upgrade to? Have you noticed anything different or improved about the phone? I have the same 8660 v8.1.0.
Thanks,

OP Offline
DeWayne,

The version was 8.2.2. I don't see any differences other than it works. I think this firmware was update to work with version 8.2 of the Axxess system.

Leapg0rf

we have the same problem, two 8660 phones with version 2.02 and one with 2.04. the 2.04 accepted the programing for our 8.2.2.4 system IPRC but the 2.02 will not. I am assuming we need the 2.04 or ? If you guys could give us a firmware file to try, we would appreciate it. we have the TFTP and have found it on the browser page with default password working fine. it just sits there and says download. any help you could afford is appreciated. I can send you my email. thanks, Norm

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,772
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,461 Shoretel
188,330 CTX100 install
187,093 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 150 guests, and 271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024