web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I recently installed an IPOffice 500 v2 Basic Edition Partner Version box. I connected the LAN port on the IPOffice box to a network that has a DHCP server on it. The instruction sheet that comes with the IPOffice box says that its default LAN IP address is 192.168.42.1. I was not able to ping from my PC to that address. Yes I manually set my PC to 192.168.42.99. The instruction sheet also says the IPOffice box will take an address from a DHCP server if one is available on the network. I think that address is in the 10.x.x.x range.

Short of having to connect to the IPOffice box with a serial cable, how can I reset the LAN port of the IPOffice box back to its default value of 192.168.42.1?

I tried disconnecting the IPOffice box from the network and rebooting it, but that does not seem to have reset the LAN port to its default ip address.

Vaya con Dios amigos!
Butch
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

The IP Office Basic is set to DHCP by default on the LAN port.
However, it will will only pull an IP Address from your router if its LAN Port is plugged into your LAN and THEN the KSU is powered up.

There is no benefit to using its default IP Address.
If you did, you could not use the 3 free SIP Trunk Channels or Voice Mail to Email features.

You can go to extension 10 and use Feature 591 to see its current IP Address.

You can also press and hold down the Reset Button (with a paper clip) on the rear of the KSU and watch the CPU LED at the same time.
Once the CPU LED starts to FLASH, let go of the Reset Button.
It will take about 5 to 6 minutes to go back to Factory Default settings.

You said:
"The instruction sheet that comes with the IP Office box says that its default LAN IP address is 192.168.42.1"
"The instruction sheet also says the IP Office box will take an address from a DHCP server if one is available on the network."

192.168.42.1 IF there is no DHCP Server available.

PS:
The WAN Port is ALWAYS 192.168.43.1 and I have never seen a way to change it.

OP Offline
Thanks for some good information. I think I altered the LAN port's IP address by plugging it into the edge router. What I didn't realize is that the edge router is connected through another router to the LAN.

Now I can find out for sure using Feature 591.

I can also factory default the system if I have to.

I am going to take a serial cable just in case. Is that a straight-through cable?

Vaya con Dios amigos!
Butch

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,256
Posts638,657
Members49,756
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
210,764 Shoretel
187,580 CTX100 install
186,326 1a2 system
Newest Members
Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset, Housetech
49,756 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 16
Toner 12
TDKs79 7
Who's Online Now
1 members (Mercenary Roadie), 113 guests, and 49 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024