web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Hi Rcaman, I'm looking for the same thing as everyone else. Just bought an Ernest 7D-3 payphone. I need to replace the battery, then attempt to program it. The software/manual would really help (and if I can get it to function, I won't fee so foolish for paying $80 for a phone that doesn't work). Thanks, Warren

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Same as everyone else here, too. I picked up a brand-new 7D-1 unit that was part of Canada's infamous Universal Payphone Co. "Millennium" scam. It's got the early 7D-1 board, the card reader and the LCD display, but will only allow certain things to be programmed in using the LCD display and keypad, so I was hoping to have a go with the Telelink software (if anyone has it) to see if I can change the other parameters (mostly I just want to change the ring-before-modem-answer from its current 3 rings to something like 20 for use on my home line.)

The other thing it's doing is this: you'll program it through the keyboard and have apparent success, then later on you'll pick up the receiver and get dead air. Hooked it up to my line simulator/digit grabber and the modem seizes the line and it keeps automatically dialing a long-dead number at seemingly random times - presumably to get a rate table or software download. Be nice to make that go away, and reinitializing it etc. doesn't help.

Any assistance appreciated. Not much on the web save some manuals for other Ernestel products which are all in the "well...*some* of it works on my model..." category.

Cheers.

Andy

The previous owner of your telephone programmed E.T. to "Phone Home." Since it hasn't reached the mother ship, it will never quit trying if the board senses a wet line.

There is only one way to clear that problem and that is with Telelink.

If you want it I have it.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
Hi, Rcaman. I'm still hoping to find software and instructions to program my 7D-3 Ernest payphone. Has anyone had any luck doing this? Thanks, Warren

Hello rcaman - I'm in the same boat everyone else seems to be. I recently acquired an Ernest D3 payphone and am searching for the ability to reprogram it. Information on connecting the LCD and programming the phone would be much appreciated! Thank you!

rcaman,

I would appreciate it you can send me the software and manual as well.

Thank you,
Marcin

I've got a D3, too, and want to figure out how to get that LCD screen hooked up so I can figure out what's going on with this phone. A while back I got a dialtone when I hooked it up to my phone simulator, but after trying it today, there's nothing. Not sure what suddenly went wrong.

Rcaman, think you could upload the LCD/software details somewhere public and stick a link in this forum? That way you won't have to answer PM requests until the end of time. smile

The D3 has a reset button in the middle of the board. You may have had a power incident and the phone may be in a loop.

The LCD connects up to the header that has bare posts sticking up about half way on the left side of the board or, if a later board, there is a header on the top of the board that looks like a floppy or hard drive IDE connector. That's where the LCD connects.

As far as the programming manuals and T2 software, I will gladly provide that, but for a price. If you want the software and or manual, PM me and I'll quote you a price.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
HI

I have version 2.62 of the Telelink remote programing software for a Model 7 - D3 board but can't install the software on a Windows 7 32 bit computer. Is there a later version that will install? If not, is there a walk around to get the install to complete. I get messages "can't install commdlg.dll" at the beginning of the installation. I assume its trying to copy it to a not longer used system directory.

I would greatly appreciate receiving an emailed zip file with a version that might work.

I bet you would. Telelink was discontinued in the 1990s. If you want to use Telelink, I suggest you get an old computer and install DOS 6.22. Then you can communicate with the board.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,772
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,461 Shoretel
188,330 CTX100 install
187,093 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 150 guests, and 271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024