web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
One quick way to discover if you are exceeding your licensing is to disconnect a working IP phone and then connect this phone that doesn't connect. If it connects, then you know it's a licensing issue. Make sure you delete the working phone from the extensions as the MAC address will still be read by the system.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Originally Posted by Rcaman
The way ESI does IP phones on that system is based on the number of licenses you have purchased for the system. You may be trying to add a phone and you don't have the license for it.

Rcaman

Keep in mind on some x class systems you will find the older LNC cards with the RNC or ELRNC cards.

ddumont Offline OP
OP Offline
This is the first IP phone we are trying to setup, so there's no other working phone to swap it out with. All of our other phones are just digital phones.

Last edited by ddumont; 06/28/16 03:19 PM.
ddumont Offline OP
OP Offline
Below in an imgur album is our PBX setup as it stands. The card in question is the LNC in slot 5. We have no other IP phones installed; setting up this phone is the first test.

Here's an album containing all the settings we believe are relevant. More screenshots can be taken if it helps.

Last edited by ddumont; 06/29/16 11:55 AM.
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Is there an RNC or ELRNC daughter board on the LNC card? If not that explains your issue. We may have an RNC3 available if you need one.

Try plugging the phone directly into the system - you may need a crossover cable. That will eliminate the switch as the issue.

Wait a minute. Is this a "X" class system? Or is this a 128+ or 128E? The X class uses IVC modules, not LNC. The 128+ uses the LNC/RNC module.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Wait a minute. Is this a "X" class system? Or is this a 128+ or 128E? The X class uses IVC modules, not LNC. The 128+ uses the LNC/RNC module.

Rcaman

ESI IVX 128x FSIII

The early X Class systems used LNC's. The later versions used the initial versions of the IVC but were also compatible with the LNC/RNC cards.

Last edited by upstateny; 07/05/16 08:36 AM.
Thanks, John. We have a X class system in the shop and I know it has an IVC module in it, but now that you wrote it, I remember, when they first came out, I think the IVC wasn't available and if IP phones were in the system, LNC/RNC modules were required. What can I say, it's tough getting old.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Thanks, John. We have a X class system in the shop and I know it has an IVC module in it, but now that you wrote it, I remember, when they first came out, I think the IVC wasn't available and if IP phones were in the system, LNC/RNC modules were required. What can I say, it's tough getting old.

Rcaman

It gets even more confusing because the X Class takes the first version of the IVC cards but not the current one!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,282
Posts638,759
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,429 Shoretel
188,198 CTX100 install
187,069 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (RATHER BE FISHING), 82 guests, and 136 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024