Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#603342 08/24/16 12:31 PM
OP Offline
I have a customer who had there AA greeting professionally done and has emailed me the file , Is there a way to upload the greetings to the system for the main greeting and various mailbox greetings ??

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Hi Steve

Yes you can.
Can you PM me your email address and I will email you a tech bulletin I put together explaining how to convert, how to upload and to where it goes.

Last edited by Carlos#1; 08/24/16 06:07 PM.

Regards
Carl
If your system version is higher then 1.6.2.212, then Toshiba decided to make uploading custom greetings quite a process in the name of increasing security. On previous versions you could upload using Webmin to the correct folder. Now you will need to use putty to copy/paste Linux commands.

After I complained to support they pointed me to the IPEdge messaging tip and tricks webinar on FYI KB that describes the entire process.

The KB describes using Audacity. I have always liked using Wavepad myself.

OP Offline
This system is running 1.6.2.212

OP Offline
That Webinar is what I needed , Thanks got it working.

Uploading with 1.6.2.212 and below is a little easier, as long as the file format is correct and you install it into the correct folder.

I just found out that 1.7.1 added a new feature within the Messaging web interface to directly upload and manage the greetings (Finally!).

Anyone could send me the procedure thru Linux. I dont have access to the Toshiba FYI portal

Thanks

Marc
Teops Corp.
OP Offline
Is there a way to shorten the time after a caller press's a option from a conversion table that it plays greeting for that option ? Caller press's 3 for service it waits about 3 seconds before it plays greeting for that mailbox. I have taken any silence out of the beginning of the greeting using Audacity but there is still a pause before it plays greeting.

Last edited by Steve Mull; 09/01/16 11:01 AM.
There is a Conversion Time out, but you have to be a little careful with this one. Unlike the Stratagy there is only 1 time that covers both the time out after the initial department greeting and the inter digit dialing. So if you set it for 1 second then the pause after the greeting will only be 1 second before the caller is sent to the No Response destination. Also people dialing an extension may have a bit of troubles if they start dialing and pause too long between digits.

If you need a longer delay at the end of the department greeting, I usually just tell my customers to pause at the end of the recording. For processional recordings you can add silence to the end of the greetings.

If you want better control over your menu, I would lok into using Scripts on occasions. There are some positives and negatives to a script menu, but the nice thing is that when callers press an option the caller will be immediately transferred. You can add a pause for specific digits if you want to allow callers to dial an extension. So if your extensions start with 2, then callers will only hear a pause if they dial a 2. If they dial any other digits they immediately get transferred.

I can list some of the pros and cons of using scripts for an auto attendant if you want to consider them in the future..

OP Offline
I now have a customer with a Strata Messaging/LUCA VM that is wanting to do the same thing , Is it done the same way ??

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,772
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,459 Shoretel
188,321 CTX100 install
187,092 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 116 guests, and 348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024