web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
JasonRy Offline OP
OP Offline
Power was out for about 2 hours, longer than the UPS could handle.

All station programming was lost. The date and time were lost.

The holiday settings and day / night settings are still there.

The Pilot DNs were gone and all button programming for the stations was gone. Calls are not going to voice mail.

In emanager both Maintenance, CIX Data Backup and CIX Data Download had been run a few months ago. Is there a way to restore the data? If not, what purpose do these backups serve?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

JasonRy Offline OP
OP Offline
Some more information.

When I dial 50 it plays the greeting for that extension. I can then leave a message or press * and get the main greeting where I can navigate the menus. If I leave a message the MSG light comes on and works as expected.

When I dial 49, though, I get a rapid busy. The pilot DNs are set to alternate DN 49 then an extension ID. When I dial a pilot DN I also get a rapid busy.

First check that the battery on the CPU is on(small jumper near yellow battery). After that you need to put your backup on a SD Card and put it in the SD slot on the CPU and with eManager make an initialize. Your system will reboot and apply the backup on the SD card.

On the SD Card, you must create a directory call PROGDATA and put the default.dat file in it. Default.dat is the config file created by the backup system in eManager.

MarcO Qc
Resotel
Technical Director
Quebec, Qc
[email protected]
JasonRy Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by MarcO Qc
After that you need to put your backup on a SD Card and put it in the SD slot on the CPU and with eManager make an initialize.

Well... that's a problem then. The backup created via CIX data backup doesn't go anywhere? I've run it, but never knew where it was going. I don't know if there is an SD card. I will go open the box and take a look.

JasonRy Offline OP
OP Offline
There is a jumper near the battery. There is also an SD card in the slot. But I don't have a file to copy onto it.

JasonRy Offline OP
OP Offline
I guess I thought the backup saved to the SD card. When power came back on I thought it would read from the SD card and reload everything.

The backup is always sent to the SD card. If the battery is off the system should read the backup and apply it. If not and the card is in you can do a Initialize in eManager to force the CPU to read the card

MarcO Qc
Resotel
Technical Director
Quebec, Qc
[email protected]
It can also be a faulty battery. How old is your CTX100?

MarcO Qc
Resotel
Technical Director
Quebec, Qc
[email protected]
JasonRy Offline OP
OP Offline
The backup is always sent to the SD card. If the battery is off the system should read the backup and apply it. If not and the card is in you can do a Initialize in eManager to force the CPU to read the card

If there is NO backup on the SD, though, would this make things worse?

JasonRy Offline OP
OP Offline
It can also be a faulty battery. How old is your CTX100?

Three years, I think... But I seem to recall we've had issues with power failures losing data before. Maybe it's always been bad. It's connected to a UPS, but power was out for too long.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024