web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
System: IWATSU IX-CME (ADIX)

We have 3 offices all interconnected via vlan. Our main office has 2 VoIP phones (the rest being digital) and the other 2 satellite offices are all VoIP.

To date our vendor has been out to our office multiple times, implementing multiple changes; assigning static IP addresses (twice), move to PoE injectors, separation of phone and computers via splitter, move phones to a managed switch, swap with new phones, system software upgrade, phone firmware upgrade, swap out monitoring computer, perform multiple data captures (currently have 2 running), calls to external support (I do not know who they use). None of which have resolved the issue. The vendor has been pretty adamant about this being caused by our network. However, the network has been static and unchanged for many many months while the phone reboots just started approximately 4 weeks ago. We run a database reliant piece of software that if there is even the slightest interruption in network connectivity the program disconnects necessitating the use of Windows task manager to shut down in order to restart. We have satellite offices connecting over a vlan and there has been no network interrupts disconnecting them or the software. I have also had our internet provider place monitors on the connections to reaffirm the stability of the connections as well as checking the log files for any irregularities.

Any ideas on what might be causing this, where to start looking or other information I can provide that will assist in determining the issue?

TIA

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

What model of phones?

We have seen this a few times. Recently we have had a number of failures in the older platinum 18i model. NIC cars going bad, where the phones fall of line, and just reboot randomly. Aging phone.

These phones are also susceptible to an mulitcast issue caused by IOS devices/cell phones. New Icon model are not subject to this.

James Berman
Business Telephone Systems
770-638-5000
Mitel - Premise and Cloud Solutions
Iwatsu
| Business Telephone Systems Atlanta |
Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
Two tings generally cause a spontaneous reboot of an IP phone: momentary loss of power, or network disconnects lasting longer than 60 seconds. Your network may be solid, but patch cords can break, jacks can go bad. While it may not be your network per se causing this, it's almost surely network related.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
OP Offline
Sorry for the delay in my reply...

1. Phones swapped out with new units (IX 5900 & IX5910)
2. PBX software updated
3. Phones Firmware updated
4. Phones A/C adapters swapped for PoE injectors
5. Phones had their IP addresses made static twice using 2 different IP addresses (in and out of DHCP scope)
6. Phones split off so they are independent of the computers
7. Phones moved to managed switch were PBX is connected to.
8. Replaced all patch cords at desk and patch panel.
9. Moved phones from 1st to 2nd floor (change location)
9. Verified with ISP that their hardware and configuration have not had any interrupts on their end.

What is odd, is someone can be on the phone and there is no interruption in conversation until the phone reboots.

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
someone can be on the phone and there is no interruption in conversation until the phone reboots.

IP phones talk to each other peer to peer. The MBU is used if digital/SLT phones are involved, or if POTS or PRIs are being utilized.

Your ISP should have nothing to do with your inside network.

There is a diagnostic in the programmer that may be useful to you. Under Tools select SNMP Diagnostics, verify the correct LAN2 IP address, click on check. This will list all IP devices connected to your switch with all addressing info for each unit. You can verify IP addresses, subnets and most importantly gateway addresses. You may have a routing issue.

What are the exact conditions when the phones reboot? It may point you to the problem.

Last edited by JBean3329; 09/09/16 12:58 PM.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.

Moderated by  JBean3329 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,097 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,792 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 89 guests, and 251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024