web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Rcaman Offline OP
OP Offline
Click Here

It's official, Verizon will migrate voice only copper repair to Voice-Link wireless service. If you're a splicer, you just lost your job.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Online Content
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Sadly, its Technology moving forward

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
They are installing mini-cell sites on about every fifth utility pole around here. I had a suspicion that this was going to be the result. I'm ashamed to work in this industry anymore.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
I think that some variation of this will eventually supercede FiOS.

I Love FEATURE 00
Rcaman Offline OP
OP Offline
In most of the United States, wireless works very well. In western PA, there is so much iron in the hills, and that's about all we have here, are hills, that wireless is not good. Verizon will have to install a transceiver on every pole here. There are a growing number of areas where all utilities are underground. So, where are these transceivers to go?

I can see nothing but bad service and the security of ANY wireless signal can be compromised. I can just hear the problems: "The voice fades in and out, what are YOU going to do to fix YOUR telephone system?" Around here, don't even try and point the finger at Verizon. People are fed up with that.

Technology just moved back three steps in my book.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
The question should be WHY when you aren't maintaining anything why is my phone bill virtually nothing? Why are you using MY electrical power and I have to PAY you? Sad day....

Moderator-1A2
Moderator-1A2
A few weeks ago, I took a joyride with a friend to Mount Uncanoonuc in nearby Goffstown, NH. It is a large hill, nothing I would ever consider a mountain, but it was a scenic drive, nonetheless. On top of this hill are all manner of cell towers, FM radio transmitters, TV transmitters, two way radio repeaters and the like. Dozens of different sites in a small congested area. To be sure, there were fences around each tower and it's accompanying hut, but no security to be seen. Most of the fences were in rough shape, some you could simply push out of the way and walk right in. Not wanting a felony conviction or RF burns, I stayed well away, but my point being any lunatic could drive a truck up there and knock out a heck of a lot of different services in a hurry. It's so isolated that they could probably get away before being caught, too. This is what we are supposed to rely on? This is supposed to be as secure and reliable as wired service?! It was exposed on top of a big hill in the boonies! A bad storm would knock out radio, TV and phone to a huge area if it hit that spot right. One of the huts said "NEW ENGLAND TELEPHONE" on it. It was clearly still an active transceiver, and it hasn't been NET&T since what, the early 90's? Not sure what that tower was doing. It wasn't the old microwave horns. Anyway, the trip sure made me a believer in wired service.

I never thought I'd see the day I would utter these words, but this is one of those times I'm glad I'm in Fairpoint territory. They are, at least, maintaining their copper, even in areas where they have rolled out their fiber. Strangely, I see the fiber everywhere in the smaller towns, but there's none to be seen in the city yet.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024