web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I have a customer with three OS 7200 cabinets at different locations, but on the same VLAN. The sites are connected by point to point fiber links, so it's just one big LAN. SIP trunks and central voicemail are on one cabinet at the main office.

One of the secondary locations started complaining that several employees were not able to access their voicemail. All affected users have analog extensions. Users with IP extensions are not affected. The analog extensions can dial into the VM with no problem, but cannot successfully enter their passwords. It seems like the VM is not correctly reading the key presses. In testing, we would often get an incorrect password message before we had even entered all four digits.

I can access these same mailboxes from one of the IP extensions and everything works perfectly. Samsung tech support has been no help so far. I'm hoping you guys will have some brilliant ideas. smile

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
I got a new bit of information on the this issue today. According to the latest testing, it appears that the SVMi is "hearing" multiple key presses when there is only one. For example, the user dials "0" on their phone and the SVMi at the remote location hears "000". Any thoughts on what would cause this?

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
Faulty cabling between the handset and system.

I've had dodgy cabling cause phones to dial out by themselves

When you say analog do you mean 2500 series sets? Or are you referring to Idcs digital sets? If you mean analog 2500 series sets if you put a digit grabber at the system do you only see the correct digits? If you turn cdr on for the remote and local site what do you see on each report?

John 807
If you have a spare port on the cabinet for a sli then plug your butt set or the phone directly into it and see if the issue still happens. Could be faulty cabling or faulty device.

So the analog extensions can dial the voicemail extension and other extensions with out an issue? Does the voicemail playback invalid entry after they put in their password?

John 807
What s/w levels are the systems on and what level is the voicemail? Are the cards Sli2's or 3's?

John 807
OP Offline
First of all, thanks to all of you for your input. I apologize for not following up here sooner. I did get this issue resolved and wanted to post what I found so that it might help someone else in the future.

Just to clarify a couple of issues, the analog extensions are using cheap single line sets with message waiting lights. They are able to dial other extensions, including the VM extension with no issues.

The problem apparently started when the system was upgraded to v4.98 from v4.70 (all three locations). After reviewing the system programming again, I found that SPNET Digit Send (under DM 3.3.4 Networking Options) was set to MCP Signaling. Changing this setting to MGI Signaling resolved the issue.

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 81 guests, and 241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024