web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Snorri Offline OP
OP Offline
So I have plenty of slots available in my chassis, and I have plenty of DKSC16+ cards to install...but I am getting the following message when I try to add another keyset:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I am not getting any useful results on the error from Google. Is this some kind of licensing limitation? If so, is it even possible to purchase more of these licenses now?

Can I remove some of these non-dial "keysets" shown below? (100X numbers are not actually extensions - they were setup by previous employees - unsure what they do)

Or does anyone have a way I can continue creating extensions on this system? About information:

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

How many keysets are you trying to use? What CPU card do you have installed?
Pulling out my v5 Axxess manual..

I'm guessing you have a CPU128 card. That has limits on the # of voice channels in use in the system to 128. After taking out various things like the OPC card taking xx number of channels, and # of your trunks, you end up with number of keysets you can have.

If you had a larger CPU card (ie. CPU020-D or Q or X, that was larger and larger yet).

Anything beyond that requires networking multiple cabinets together, and we already see you don't have a networked PAL chip (not surprising, its not like you'd go get one just in case, you'd only get one if you needed networking).

Your system is a bit earlier than license files, the licenses come in the form of what PALs are installed on various cards. Ie. if you wanted PRI signaling on your T1 card, that was an addon daughter/license card. Number of VM boxes was licensed, etc. Obviously these PALs are pretty rare now-a-days with 15+ year old hardware.

As you see, you have a 50 unit PAL, which limits what premium features you can turn on for the system, which was mid-way, but you probably can't do desktop interface, OAI & TSAPI.

I'd reassign your keysets in slot 1 to your numbering scheme after making sure there aren't any sets actually attached to the DKSC card in slot 1. But otherwise, you may just be running up against the limits of what the hardware can do.

Snorri Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you SO much! That is ALL the information I need to move forward!

Snorri Offline OP
OP Offline
First, thanks again dpmcintyre for that huge help, I was able to squeeze out 10 more keyset lines by cleaning up.

However, looking forward, I think I may need to get a new CPU in case we expand too fast and I can't convince them to drop the money on VOIP in time.

Can I get away with buying a 550.2013? They are only ~$100 on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Inter-Tel-Axxess-550-2013-CPU-Processor-Card-TESTD-WARNTY-/221714777009?hash=item339f3b03b1:g:iYIAAOSwal5YEn-0

Or is that only a 128 as well with other features? Or is this the model you are mentioning:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Inter-Tel-Axxess-550-9016-CPU020-X-PCM-F-CPU-512-Slave-Circuit-Card-/252079235892?hash=item3ab117e334:g:GoMAAOSwpLNYBPf7

Which is $625.

Sorry for all the questions, but it is very hard to find a hardware guide for these things!

Moderator-Inter-Tel
Moderator-Inter-Tel
PM sent.

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,110 Shoretel
187,715 CTX100 install
186,809 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 113 guests, and 405 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024