web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Can anyone recommend a good NVR?

I have some no name Chinese box and it will record a piece of video and just randomly skip parts during the recording.

I have a suspicious car trespass on my property, I show it driving down the road, turning to enter my property, entering my property then the video will skip ahead like 40 seconds to where the car is leaving the property skipping exactly what they were doing.

The NVR is set to record everything and alert to motion. I don't know why it will skip.

There have been other times in which the doorbell rings in the middle of the night, no one at the door, I check the Cameras and it will skip over the 15 seconds before and after the door bell rings.

I think it does this all the time but I don't notice unless I have a reason to review the Cameras and constantly getting the recorded video skipped over. The navigation in this system also is constantly freezing or lagging extremely even when navigating directly from the NVR and monitor connected right in the NVR.

It is recording 9 Cameras and maybe it does not have the RAM or buffer needed to do this? I'm not sure what the problem is.

Have you guys seen stuff like this before? Any solutions?

Thanks.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Do you have it set to only record on motion?

Patrick T. Caezza
Santa Paula, CA 93060
C-7 - Low Voltage System Contractor - Lic# 992448
OP Offline
No, it was set to record everything as well as notify with motion.

When I go to review, it has green over everything its recorded as well as notifying motion by highlighting the area in yellow.

Regardless, it should have recording everything.

The system also lags and freeze when I try to navigate around. Maybe this is common for all DVR/NVR?

I'm not sure but its almost useless if it skips over the vital information needed.

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,796 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 116 guests, and 244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024