web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hi all,
Everytime we unplug this ECS we lose database programming. I have replaced the internal cpu batteries on our 5 APS systems -- is it the same type of battery ?
I do not see it mentioned in the tech manual and cannot read the battery unless i take it out - I really wanted to bring a replacement with me as this office is in production already.

thanks All
Ed Hall
Omni Healthcare
I. T. Services

Last edited by sketchypro; 01/03/17 03:05 PM.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
The battery on the CCSU card is there to keep the system BIOS active. IF YOU REMOVE THIS BATTERY YOU WILL DESTROY THE CCSU CARD. I really mean it. DON"T REMOVE THE BATTERY.

System programming is stored on the Compact Flash card on the CCSU. If you keep losing programming, something isn't configured properly in you data base, or the flash card has a problem.

Specifically, on which cards were the batteries you've replaced on, or where were they located?

Last edited by JBean3329; 01/03/17 07:59 PM.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
OP Offline
Ok I won't do that.
I really wonder how the database has a problem - 2 iwatsu dealers set this one up
I was referring to the . Nickel-cadmium batteries on ix-cpu cards that we have had to replace as they were losing programming

I was told by another iwatsu tech to check sw7 -- the manual states dip #4 is "backup database" . it also states " a database backup will be performed on a weekly basis"
any idea when that might be ?

So I assume I would have to get the dealer back out with a new flash card from iwatsu / icon ? In other words will a generic flash card work on the ccsu ?

thanks
ed

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
The weekly back-up timing is specified in data base programming under System Features>Scheduled Data Back Up. By default, the system is set to back up at 4 AM every Saturday morning. Switch seven specifies which data base is used when the system boots: the one stored or the active one. Additionally, data is backed up on a limited basis every 60 minutes.

I can't remember ever changing anything on SW 7. You can try changing the position regarding data base selection. It may or may not have an effect.

The Ni-Cads on the IX= CPU cards for the ADIX series do need replacement after a few years. Changing them only affects how well data is or isn't stored. The ECS, however stores everything on CF so no batteries are needed to save data.

Just curious- is this system an upgraded ADIX? If so, what size ADIX was it? I ask because there is a setting on SW 7 regarding ADIX upgrades.

Getting the dealer involved will save you lots of hair-pulling and cussing...

Last edited by JBean3329; 01/04/17 09:58 AM.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
OP Offline
it is a used system but not "upgraded" at least as far as I know
all dips on sw7 are off
thanks again

Moderated by  JBean3329 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,283
Posts638,765
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,445 Shoretel
188,299 CTX100 install
187,081 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, pvj), 177 guests, and 170 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024