web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Yoda Offline OP
OP Offline
I have an SV 9100 with phones and paging in two buildings. According to 31-02, extensions in Bldg 1 are in Internal Page Group 1, extensions in Bldg 2 are in Internal Page Group 2. Each building has its own amp with page horns connected. I would like any user to press a page key + 1 or 2 to page either building 1 or 2. The page should go to all phones in the specified group, plus go to that building’s amp and horns.

In addition, I need a contact closure whenever any outside calls ring. This closure operates an existing relay to power some 24 volt bells. I think the PGD (2) should be able to do all of this, but the manual doesn’t spell out the PGD connections very clearly. I’ve done some programming changes in 10-03, 10-21-04, among others, but no luck.

I have a PGD(2), Bogen amp, and Bogen zone controller. I think I might not need the zone controller, thinking the PGD will do something for me, but not sure yet.

The PGD is connected to an unused digital port, jumpers are set for channel 1 = ext page, channel 2 = ext ringer. Can I connect two separate zones to the PGD? Is a 15-07 key of *1 plus the zone going to work? And the contact closure? I’ve discussed this with an installer friend, and distributor tech support, but not getting anywhere.

Sorry to be so long, but wanted to include enough info to explain it fully. Thank you!

Jim

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Yoda Offline OP
OP Offline
Just found out I've been working with a bad PGD unit :-(

Waiting for a replacement.

Jim

Yoda Offline OP
OP Offline
Update: Its been a busy couple of weeks, but things are coming together. Trying to tie up my loose ends here on my forum posts.

The PGD unit is not bad. Cockpit error (I'll admit it).
The PGD is working for 2 zones of external paging. Had to use the rca connectors on the PGD. Also, make sure external page groups = internal page groups in 31-07.

As far as the contact closure, not so good. No one (distributor's tech support) seems to think it can be done. I just want a contact closure whenever any POTS DIL trunk gets a call.

Jim

I am not sure what your application is, however you can add a APR-L unit (provides ring voltage to an external analog device) to the phone. This allows an analog device to be connected to the phone. You could then connect a wheelock relay unit to that.

The APR-L UNIT (Analog Port Ringer) provides an analog interface for the terminal. The APR-L UNIT adapter provides ringing which allows the connected device to be used for incoming and outgoing calls. This adapter also provides a separate extension number for the analog device, which allows both devices to be used at the same time (this can be removed in system programming if you wish). One terminal can have an APR-L UNIT adapter.

Yoda Offline OP
OP Offline
My application is this:
-----------
Contact -------| Wheelock|------24vdc--- 24v Loud
closure -------| DCI-24 |------24vdc--- Bell
-----------
|
120vac ___________________|

The previous system (Norstar MICS) had a pair of pins that could be programmed to provide the closure when an extension or a trunk was ringing.

Jim

Yoda Offline OP
OP Offline
Well, my drawing didn't turn out too good after being posted. Hope you get the idea.

You need this. I HAVE done this application.

https://www.vikingelectronics.com/product-details.php?pid=169

Hook it up to an available SLT port and add to whatever ring group you need.

Yoda Offline OP
OP Offline
Too bad I have to use up an SLT port, and too bad this fancy system doesn't handle something like this natively. But it looks like the Viking device will do the trick.

I'm using DIL. Can I assign a VE to a key on an SLT extension?

Thanks Coral Tech.
Jim

Well to be fair WHY when you can ring over page with the paging system?

Yoda Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Coral Tech
Well to be fair WHY when you can ring over page with the paging system?

The ring over page is an obnoxius sound.
The bells are in slightly different locations than the horns.
They have the bells in place. Would like to use them.

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,769
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,456 Shoretel
188,311 CTX100 install
187,085 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (James D.), 75 guests, and 300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024