web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I am not familiar with this system so have to ask the more knowledgeable people.
Customer has a PRI into the system. He has had a single DID coming in since he purchased the system. He has now started another business. He had a DID ordered and placed on the PRI. The same people answer the telephones for both companies. The problem is that they have to be looking at the phones every time a call comes in to know which company is being called in order to answer it correctly. They would like to find out if the system can do this some how. I do the wiring and do not looking to learn another system so would like to give some detail as to how they can make this work.
Here are some of the ideas I have but not sure if they can have done:
Have the line number ring a different tone on the phones when called in on.
Have a phone sitting in the room with a different tone set on it and assign that line to it and allow the other phones to do a call pickup.
Have a buzzer or such connected to contact closure from the system and have that line buzz it.

Beyond that not sure what the options are.

Thanks for any input you may have.

"It works on our end so it must be fine."
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

1 Yes you give different ring tone
2 you can make the line ring a different phone and do pick up
3 you could also put a name on the line to you would know which line was called

OP Offline
Well the main reason is to not have to look at the phone. I am assuming it will be through like trunk port programming 70? something. I will read around on that so I can give them some reference of information.

Thank you.

"It works on our end so it must be fine."
When you programmed the new DID into the DID table and told it to ring somewhere. There is a option for DGP tone or Tone, just change that to a different number. It is normally off by default. This will give that number a different ring tone on all phones when the call comes in.

You can also assign ring plans to different phones. I have a curler that has same problem one system for 2 businesses in same building. We made each business a different group and had that group only ring certain phones. That way they knew if it rang in lobby and back office for example they knew to answer it for whatever business it was assigned to.

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 103 guests, and 241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024