web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#609444 04/03/17 03:07 PM
OP Offline
Ok guys need some help with this.... Have a system with the 4.0 software. what it does is the customer has the call then all of a sudden the call gets dropped from the system...but...when the customer presses the line button that the call was on the caller is still there and they have no idea the call was lost. we have changed out 3 systems and exp boards. changed phones, power strips, grounded the system. any help would be greatly appreciated. this has been going on for months and tech support has been a bit lacking frown

A. S. Tech Communication, Inc.
559-628-0901
Al Rivas CEO
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
What kind of lines are you using in the system, who is the provider and how are the lines delivered, by copper or modem or sip to analog? In my opinion this is not a hardware problem, not yours anyway.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
OP Offline
The lines are coming in by comcast cable company. We have tried messing with the disconnect setting to no avail. Before comcast they had verizon copper lines coming into the system with the same problems.

559-628-0901
Al Rivas CEO
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Check the CO timers in PGM 180, specifically the call restriction timer which should be set to 0

CO Call Restriction Timer -- N/A
If value is set to 0, the time of outgoing CO calls is not
restricted. If value is set to a non-zero value, outgoing
CO calls are disconnected after the designated time.

Also check the CO release guard timer.

CO Release Guard Timer - designates the amount of
time before a CO line can be re-seized, after a CO call
disconnects; controls the time necessary to
guarantee an idle loop state when a line is released.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
Check to make sure you are getting the proper voltage on the lines from the carrier. Since they had a similar issue with their last carrier with copper lines, and the fact that you have replaced everything on your end, the only thing left would be a corrupt database. If you are uploading the old database after each replacement, maybe you should try programming it from scratch. Wouldn't hurt to put a UPS on it either. Not much else left to try.Good luck!

"I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken"
I think adteldon might be right. If you have you have changed everything in the equation accept for the programming, try reinitializing and reprogramming.

OP Offline
I will check on these programming issues for sure. It has only dropped on out going call once. everything that's happinng is on incoming call

559-628-0901
Al Rivas CEO
OP Offline
any idea what the disconnect supervision timing is for comcast ??

559-628-0901
Al Rivas CEO
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
I'm bringing this back up because we have a customer with the same situation. This one is using 3.5 and we've already addressed the usual suspect areas with timers, etc. Customer has four lines, two tenants. Customer #1 is using lines 1,2 and 3. Customer #2 only has one line, #4. Cox is the service provider.

Calls on lines 1-3 drop randomly with no rhyme or reason. Short or long, they just drop and we've witnessed them happening. The problem is that this blasted system insists upon battery being present on the line ports or it will drop/deny access. I can't find any way for it to just look at a CO port on a 'dry' basis. PGM 160, B14 doesn't help. I think that if we could find a way for the system to allow access to CO ports without battery present, we wouldn't have this problem.

Calls on line 4 (on the expansion card obviously) don't drop.

The first three lines are on one COX EMTA and the fourth is on a separate EMTA (separate billing accounts). All four lines measure roughly 49.4 volts, which really surprised me.

We made Cox replace the EMTA for lines 1-3 today, and they did so without any issues. Within an hour of leaving, we received word that calls were still dropping.

We returned and flip-flopped the lines and button mapping, so that the lines 1-3 that are dropping are now on CO ports 4-6. We put the tenant's fourth line on CO port 1. Within an hour, he called and said that he's now dropping calls. With this said, it is clear that the CO ports 1-3 are bad on the base KSU.

I get that, but THREE CO line ports all failing for the exact reason at the same time? I can't use the loop current argument since the original three lines that are on ports 4-6 are behaving fine. I'm stumped and the customer is getting tired of this. Any ideas?

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
help i can not check voice mail it telling me to use # in user guide also no one can leave a voice mail please help?????

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  EV607797, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,096 Shoretel
187,702 CTX100 install
186,790 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 117 guests, and 228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024