web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
jdl2500 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello,

I am new to the board and I am hoping someone who's very familiar with the Vodavi Starplus Sts system could answer some questions for me.

I inherited a Vodavi Starplus Sts after the previous business shutdown and it is property of the landlord now. I want to make sure that the previous company does not have remote access to the system via remote dialin.

Is remote dialin possible with the Vodavi Starplus Sts and how can I disable it, I am not familiar at all with this phone system.

I also do not have the admin password, am I able to reset it without losing all the previous configurations and extensions, I do not have any pressing need to change the previous configurations as I would be looking at upgrading to a voip system in a year or so in the future.

Thanks

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
The only way that the system can have remote administration access is if it is equipped with an optional modem card. It is located in the far lower-right slot in the cabinet and is only about 2" tall. If it is not there, then there's no way to make programming changes to the system remotely.

If there's a voice mail card in the far left slot, then it is possible to make changes remotely (to the voice mail only) via touch tone commands.

Shutting down the system and pulling these cards out will assure you that it can't be altered remotely. Use caution in doing this because it is possible that the system's memory retention battery is bad and shutting it down may cause the system's database to be lost.

I'm curious about one thing: Why do you feel the need to replace a perfectly good system with VoIP? Do you need that for some reason?

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
jdl2500 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you for your reply. I have a networking background and would be more comfortable managing a voip system running on one network.

Do you by any chance know about my questions about the admin password. Am I able to reset it without losing all the previous configurations and extensions,

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Why spend your companies money when you have a good working system.
Not knowing the system just means you are not the one to manage it.

Find a vendor in your area to handle it for you.

RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
Originally Posted by hitechcomm
Why spend your companies money when you have a good working system.
Not knowing the system just means you are not the one to manage it.

Find a vendor in your area to handle it for you.

Great point Ken , he can probably get years worth of vendor support for a fraction of the VOIP cost .

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
Originally Posted by jdl2500
Thank you for your reply. I have a networking background and would be more comfortable managing a voip system running on one network.

Do you by any chance know about my questions about the admin password. Am I able to reset it without losing all the previous configurations and extensions,

Unfortunately, no. This system didn't have the ability to override the password like their larger systems. This was a result of complaints from dealers who were dealing with system hacking. The good news is that it's only four numerical digits, so you might be able to just guess at it until you find it.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,097 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,792 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 89 guests, and 251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024