web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
As an end user I’m trying to get our day time voice messages G/I (GEN BOX) extension xxx forwarded to a user’s station.
From what I read in the ESI-50L Communications Server Administration Manual 0450-1152 rev.F
Page D.3 I should be able to either receive messages at an extension or off-premises number.
While I have mapped a button to receive the messages there is still a problem I am encountering.
If I am using ESI System Administrator 1.2.14.29 software and attempt to input extension xxx in F551 I receive “A valid phone number or pager number must be specified”.
If I go through the phone prompts and input the station number xxx in F551 it is accepted and will forward messages to the mapped button.
Now, if I attempt to go back into ESI System Administrator 1.2.14.29 software the program will crash when attempting to access F551. I must then go through the phone prompts again, remove the extension I have forwarded to in order to access F551 again via ESI System Administrator 1.2.14.29.
Yes, I have contacted our service dept. but up to this point haven’t been able to resolve the issue.
Any thoughts?

Thank you,
MileMarker9

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Can you explain a little more clearly what you are looking to accomplish?

If it just a matter of not being able to program something via the software that you can using the phone I would chalk it up to a bug and not worry about it.

If you are looking for message notification at a different extension just program a button to show messages.

KIS .... i'll leave off the last S since I don't know you and don't want to offend you!

OP Offline
John,
I’m old school and not easily offended, you are very thoughtful my friend.

The ultimate problem is by setting up the day time voice messages G/I (general mailbox) to be delivered to an extension mapped button as opposed to an off-premises phone number you will no longer have access to F551 through the ESI System Administrator 1.2.14.29 software.

You will not be able to make F551 additions or changes through the ESI System Administrator 1.2.14.29 software (as it will crash) unless you remove the extension delivery F551 through the phone first.

I'm confused.

To have the general mail box show messages and have access to an extension, you don't use 551. Program a virtual mail box key on the extension. As an example, if mailbox 300 is your general mail box, go to any phone, press and hold down any programmable key and then select virtual mail box and input 300. You can do this with as many extensions as you want.

If you want to send notification to an external number, then you use 551.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
OP Offline
I had mapped the VM as you described. I had removed the entry in 551. When leaving a message in the general mail box there would be no message notification (blinking light on vm) when I went to retrieve. The message left would not be in the mailbox when manually attempting to receive. I'll look through manuals a bit more.
Thank you.

Moderator-ESI - Executone
Moderator-ESI - Executone
on the phone(s) you want the mailbox, do this, hold down the key until she starts talking, then press the blue voicemail, then * then 300, then the key again.( if you are using 60D phones you will be given the option to change what the display shows) hang up. leave a test message, the key will blink.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel..

Retirement 2019 ( It has happened )
If you programmed the key as a virtual mail box (selected by pressing the ESI-DEX key while in button programming and scrolling to Virtual Mail Box, then the key WILL blink when a message is in the box. If it's not and you have followed the programming then there is a problem in the system.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
OP Offline
Not exactly sure how/why but I can now access the general mailbox messages via mapped button as I had previously attempted WITHOUT having the ESI System Administrator 1.2.14.29 software crash when accessing F551 after the fact.
prog * xxx(ext) 6 1 0 resulting in "no action" for delivery.

I must have missed something previously.

You created a software trap when you tried to program an extension in F551.

This is one of those cases where you scratch your elbow and your hand falls off.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,793 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 111 guests, and 241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024