Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Moderator-Iwatsu
OP Offline
Moderator-Iwatsu
Is there a way to restrict internal calling via the directory with 95/96 series phones on IP Office ver 8.x?

I have short codes that prevent station to station calling, but calling with the directory still works. Turning off the directory system-wide is not an option. There is a setting in System/Telephony that enforces call barring in the Directory, but documentation says it's for external calls. Can I force an authorization code for every type of call, including internal calls?

I love problems like this- I really do...

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

The only way I know of is ticking the Exclude From Directory option on the user, but this affects other things like finding the user through the dial-by-name directory.

Aaron
Moderator-Iwatsu
OP Offline
Moderator-Iwatsu
That only keeps that extension from showing up in the directory. The extension in question is still allowed to call out with the directory.

This request came from a customer that can't really explain why it's necessary, other than to say it doesn't fit some work flow issue they have. I can't think of a single phone system anywhere that lists ability to solve personnel problems as a feature.

The best suggestion is to replace the IP phone with an SLT with no dial, but that creates another problem I'm told.

I hate to say 'no', but I'm learning to accept it more and more as I grow older...

Last edited by JBean3329; 05/08/17 04:36 PM.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
This request came from a customer that can't really explain why it's necessary, other than to say it doesn't fit some work flow issue they have.

Yeah. Just tell them that it was never something that could be done because out of the billions of systems out there, you are the only idiot in the whole world who want's it.

I LOVE saying NO to those people.

-Hal

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
If you must stick with IP phones, look at the 1603 telephone. It does not include a Contacts button, so the user can not access the Directory for internal calling. It uses a local power supply instead of normal PoE, but it also has a weird pigtail adapter that breaks out the PoE to a connector that goes where the local power supply would connect. There are only 3 buttons with lights for the Call appearances and/or features

pdf user's guide

Moderator-Iwatsu
OP Offline
Moderator-Iwatsu
The 1603 phone is worth a look. Hafta see how serious they are about blocking this extension.

Thanks, Tommy!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,280
Posts638,742
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,342 Shoretel
188,180 CTX100 install
187,022 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 15
jc2it 4
dexman 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (newtecky, nortelvoip), 103 guests, and 95 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024