web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#610084 05/02/17 06:32 PM
Zulea Offline OP
OP Offline
I've installed a Grandstream system (UCM 6510) plus 80 extensions. Calling is working great.
I have a Page button for users to use when paging all extensions and our overhead PA speakers.
When I press the button we have to wait about 10 or 15 seconds before we can speak... It seems that we are waiting for all the extensions to activate or something before we can talk.

Any thoughts on how to shorten that delay?

Thanks

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
We've had similar issues in the past. The only fix Grandstream tech support suggests is to cut down the number of page group members. Our issue was a 5 to 10 second delay with 20 phones in a group. Cutting the member list in half solved the delay issue. Not a perfect fix to be sure, but the only one we've discovered.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
Zulea Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks.

That i what i was afraid was the answer...

Zulea Offline OP
OP Offline
JBean3329,
How do you page to the others that you had to take out of the group?
Did you make more groups with 10-15 ext. in each and add them to a single group? Would that even help my situation?

Thanks

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
We ad separate groups, but didn't add them all together- that just brings the total paths needed back up. You'd have to make separate pages to each group. Clunky, I know. We're still looking for some sort of Multicast solution.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,708 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, Curlycord), 104 guests, and 243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024