web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
jsaad Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a small hotel on a 200 light, lw16. 8 port dnic voicemail. At the moment the 8 voicemail ports show 'dwnld'. They are programmed as ss430 telephones. The voicemail will not answer calls.

Is it at all possible to reset the DNIC card remotely? No on site hands I can count on.

On another note, is it possible that this particular voicemail (repartee) isn't entirely compatible? Althought it has worked fine for years, I suspect it does some funny stuff causing a bay to reset periodically. All common control cards have been swapped out. Lots of errors on these dnic ports. Dnic card has been changed before. Voicemail computer is right next to the PBX.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I have a lot of Mitel Hotel/Motel EL systems using Repartee both ONS and DNIC integration. The voicemail can only be an issue if the voice modules in the Repartee are bad. You can easily reset the entire Mitel system remotely but, unless you have a device to remotely reset the Repartee, that will have to be done on site.

Does the bay that is resetting have a BCCIII in it? That could be the root of the problem. Also, how many bays are in the system? If you have a two bay system, and if you can afford it, you should remove any module in Slot 8 of Bay 1.

My next suggestion would be to upgrade to LW19 and Q46 load. The system will behave better.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
jsaad Offline OP
OP Offline
I have plans to offer an upgrade at the end of the season. I think I may have a bad VMail. Over 10 years old, built like a tank. It's booted but not communicating with the PBX.

No BCCIII, 2 bay system plus control node.

I do have a universal card in bay 1, slot 8 with a MOH and DLIC for the console. I've changed those too.

What's the deal with slot 8, never heard that was an issue?

Just one of those Mitel gotchas. You can put cards in all the slots, but, oh, by the way, don't put a card in slot 8. It causes all kinds of weird problems especially if the card is a DNIC or "high Power" card.

You should be able to pick up the voice boards from Resale Systems or Used Phones.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
jsaad Offline OP
OP Offline
I will check on the slot 8 setup from some other locations, each is a little different. One of the log entries I see each time is "DLIC module installed' when this bay resets.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,709 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 120 guests, and 246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024