web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
HI! I have 2 Samsung door phones the Front door is find but i need to replace the rear 1 which has a electric door strike working thru the Samsung door module , problem is with the Viking on a SLI port and programmed as a hotline to ring Station grp 503 works but don't have the option in the display to open the door strike , tried code 13 on key pad but no go , You can't add the sli ext. to the door phone group , the samsung DPIM module still works but the out door phone is getting old and has seen better days,, does anybody have a suggestion on how to make it work ,or do i need the other viking entry module ,, or can a relay on the samsung be jerry rigged ?? Yes get a new system , but this is a no profit org. Its a DS616. amen

Last edited by ATechguy; 07/24/17 02:33 PM.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

pvj Offline
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
You would probably be better connecting a unit to a co port if you can then you should be able to dial access a code to enable the doorstrike.
Alternatively if you leave the DPIM in place and assign a DSS key to it,they could use the open function with what they have.Little bit messy but it will work.

I had a customer with an inside lobby doorbox and I hooked up a spare digital set with a ringdown to a group and they can talk to the door but if they want to allow access they have to press the DPIM DSS key to open the door.It works

OP Offline
HI! PVJ < I noticed in MMC723 there is a DSS key u can prog. to be Door lock ,, so if i program the SLI Ext. 315 to be Rear Door they should able to press the dss key Door Lock , i should of looked there today but didn't bring my manual. That should work right?? Thks

Last edited by ATechguy; 07/24/17 04:28 PM.
pvj Offline
Not sure never used that feature before. It may be a feature that needs to see the Samsung doorbox to work

Last edited by pvj; 07/24/17 04:54 PM.
OP Offline
I will try it with and with out door box , if i have to keep it connected in the phone room, i will do that. Will report back. Thks

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,694
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,704 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (teleco, BobRobert), 122 guests, and 257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024