web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
sscdpst Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello everyone,

If any line is active anywhere in our network, even if the other 5 lines are free, and someone tries to go and retrieve a voicemail, it is denied, being forwarded to our Auto Attendant instead of their voicemail inbox and login. Now, they can press pound, then their voicemail box number and then login, but what is the work around so that they do not have to do this?

Thanks for your help!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I am not sure if there is anything I can do to figure this out based on this information, but maybe a couple of follow-up questions may turn up something. It is usually easier to figure this out onsite.

Do you know the model of your phone system? If you are not sure, is it very old or very new?
Would you know what type of voicemail system is connected to this system?
Usually the Stratagy line of voicemail systems (most common V.M. on older systems) use the star key to log in, not the pound key. The new IPEdge and Strata Messaging Voicemail systems use the # key. Some old or 3rd party may also use the # key.
Are the users pressing a flashing MSG button or are they dialing the voicemail extension directly?
Older Toshiba systems will connect you to your voicemail box when you press the flashing MSG light, but will always connect to the main greeting when you dial the extension. Newer CIX and IPEdge systems should always connect you to your voicemail box.

I can't see how a call on the lines would have anything to do with the voicemail integration. I think there is something else going. Nothing pops into my head based on the information you have provided. If you have a Toshiba dealer that you use, you may need to have them look at this for you.

Check to see that all ports connected to the voice mail are designated as voice mail ports in KSU station assignments. It could be that only the first port is set properly and subsequent calls are not sending integration strings to the voice mail.

"The difficult we do immediately. The impossible takes a little longer"

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 104 guests, and 243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024