web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#224923 10/01/10 03:40 PM
hello mooretel I totally agree with you I have never and will never leave any programmin manuals on site it is 2 easy for someone to get in there and make unnecessary changes that cost us all monney have a great night mooretel

Jules B Chauvin
J & K Telecom LLC.
101 Parkwest Drive Ste 4
West Monroe, LA. 71291
(318)582-2515
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#224924 10/01/10 04:10 PM
Admin
Admin
Thanks to you guys for backing me up :-)

Hello6, here's a real world example. Our PhoneSuites have no security from the end user and I have a system as far as 220 miles away. Pretend I'm in Fort Wayne and you try to make a change in your sytsem and, somehow, it stops working. What are you going to do? Fix it yourself, or will you call me and tell me "it just stopped working". Yeah, what were you doing *before* it quit?

If I refuse to come out, you're going to bad mouth PhoneSuite and me, so I have to fix your mess-up and bill you for it, and now you either cost yourself port-to-port round trip service, and you're mad. Or, I don't give you anything and talk you through a change over the phone where I know you can only do what I tell you.

As soon as you're ready to accept liability for the entire system, you get the manuals and you may do whatever you want, because if I come on site, I'm going to program the system according to the printout I have made after programming and I'm still billing you for the entire service call.

Works for me.

Which reminds me, I think my parallel printer is still on the customer site in Indiana, or stowed away in the corner of the warehouse.

Carl

#224925 10/01/10 04:28 PM
hey carl is this one of your customers I DID NOT READ IT ALL I WAS JUST WONDERING I hope you are doing well and keep in touch my friend

hello6 you will find here a tight knit and very close band of friends and installers and business owners we have many of many of years of experience in this business and we always pass on great knowledge and very helpful knowledge but we will never stab ourselves or our manufactors in the back because we work very hard everyday to take care of our customers and we support our manufactors because they take care of there dealers.

So as i said earlier i hope you find what you need and I hope you do the right thing and get a dealer in your area to take care of you the customer has to realize that the installer takes responsibility for the equipment and your needs and if you decided to play phone man than as carl and i have said you eat your warranty or pay for us to go from port to port to repair your issue that you decided to creat on your own plus you have to realize the loss of business and loss of use from your mistake by playing phone man that is my opinion on this matter and I am sure if you call frank at phone suite he will tell you all about your account and dealers in your area as dealers we have to register all sales and that is also time that we take to take care of our clients and that is time that the customer does not realize have a great night sundance is the best

Jules B Chauvin
J & K Telecom LLC.
101 Parkwest Drive Ste 4
West Monroe, LA. 71291
(318)582-2515
#224926 10/02/10 02:53 AM
First of all I am not looking for programming manual to do any changes. And I am totally with U all. Honestly I am strong beleiver of not to touch anything, eventhough it is ver old, as long as it is working. But what happen when warranty expired. That's time everything comes in picture. And once warrany expired no dealer give manual to U. And after warranty expired and tech ask more mony then normal charge and we find another tech with resonable rate, and that tech does not have manual. That's what I am talking about. That's my main concern. And I went through this when I had Mitel system. Any we have only two tech in our area, and both so mean and treat us like we are stupid here. Last month we installed brand new phonesuite and dealer put 2 cards 6 years old. Can U beleive it ? I end up wrting an email about that and then he replace both cards. Why such kind of cheating ? And we paid for it ( For brand new system) And not only that he did not connect my printer where I wanted. And evenafter 1 month he still did not provide me the cable. I can not have hard word with him either. Becuase when something goes wrong during my warrantty period, he going to turn his face down. And then my business have to suffer, not him. Not only that last week in brand new system trunk card went bad. I called him on his cell phonw for two housr and he did not pick up his cell phone at all. And finally I end up calling factory supprt directly and they help me out by removing that trunk line. Later he called me at night and siad sorry, what's the point. Later what he did, he sent card to the factory and factory sent to me directly.Why ? Who know whether he send old card or new card. Becuase there is no way U can tell whethere it is new or not ? And becuace all these reason I wanted to have manual, so no blackmailing happen. Hope U guys understand where I am comming from.

ppp
#224927 10/02/10 03:12 AM
well hell6 the majority of the cards in many phone systems have serial numbers on them so you can keep track of what gets sent in and what comes back

Jules B Chauvin
J & K Telecom LLC.
101 Parkwest Drive Ste 4
West Monroe, LA. 71291
(318)582-2515
#224928 10/02/10 04:03 AM
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
hello6....

Many, many times on this board (and no doubt others as well) we get questions from new members looking for recommendations for a phone system.

The #1 response from most of us: Check out the local dealers, their reputations, and their recommendations.

It appears maybe that you didn't take that route, thus the problem that you have.

Any system can be the "Perfect Fit" for your business, but if there is no reliable local support, you're bound to be in your situation sooner or later. :read:

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
#224929 10/02/10 04:31 AM
RIP Admin
RIP Admin
hello6,
If what you say is in case the truth then you should start off by first reporting the tech and his company to PhoneSuite. Then have PhoneSuite put you in contact with a reliable honest company that will take care of you right. As far as manuals you are on your own as far as finding them and then figuring out how to work on the equipment because as was mentioned above you will loose your warranty on said equipment if you work on it.
I have a very hard time believing you can't find a reliable company in Chicago, remember you get what you pay for so if you go with some shady company or tech to save money it usually turns out to cost you way more money and frustration then if you went with a reliable company and pay a little more for honest work and support.

Hope this helps.

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
#224930 10/06/10 03:38 PM
Admin
Admin
How very odd that I get a PhoneSuite trouble call from my far away customer today. It seems that all of a sudden calls to the operator or calls put on hold ring once and hang up. Guest couldn't dial 0, but could call room to room and the console worked fine except not on operator calls, they could call the guests.

For those of us in the business, it's called a ring-trip, and it usually happens when a phone or jack goes stupid. And, oh, they have a book :-)

Anyway, since room 110 is somewhere near the lobby (not a guestroom, it's the cordless phone next to the console. In programming, I can tell the owner to take out phones out of the co-ring group. I did, but it still didn't work :-(.

Not wanting to waste a full day running a service call, I called PhoneSuite. They made a suggestion and I called the customer back. Sure enough, the key was to strip ALL phones out of the co-ring group. Everything worked. Now put them back in one-at-a-time. Bingo! The phone in the laundry room was the monster. The owner forgot to mention it in the co-ring list :-).
45 minutes on the phone beat 8 fevered hours on the road.

I tell this story for 2 reasons. One, this is why we don't like the end users in our equipment, even if it is out of warranty and two. In talking to the PhoneSuite tech support, they are aware of this thread and customer. Aparently there's the dealer side of the story too.

Carl

i knjow this is an old thread but im hoping for an easy fix. i am just a lowly front desk clerk (but former it guy) our phonesuite console (112) all of a sudden will not dial any of the room extensions. It will blink the lights in the room, but not ring. rooms can call 0 and get the front desk, and we can transfer calls to a couple of analog cordless handsets. we have been trying to get tech support out here for over a month (according to my GM) I am convinced it is a simple fix but maybe not. Any help?

Start a new topic on this, provide which PhoneSuite you have and let us know if it's only from the console, but not station to station. I'm going to lock this topic as it's 7 years old and not related to your problem. This sounds like it's going to be more than a user fix.

Retired phone dude
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,695
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
4 members (Toner, curtonpond, Curlycord, Professor Shadow), 90 guests, and 241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024