web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Keyset6 Offline OP
OP Offline
On an ECS with 408 cards the customer got the Camp On display on line 1. I swapped trunks (loop start from cable co.) and line 1 still showed Camp On, while line 2 did show the CID. Reset the 408 card, then it was working for about a day on line 1. It's happening again - according to the customer's history we have I believe an entire system reset was done in 2015 for the same trouble, scheduled automatically after hours. I wonder if that's the only remedy, or could the 408 card be n/g?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
How are incoming calls processed? Are they DIL to a group, sent to an auto attendant or sent to an extension?

Does this show up on the display at random times, or is something else triggereing this?

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
Keyset6 Offline OP
OP Offline
Auto attendant answers first. I just thought of this - when pressing the USAT (not sure I have the term right - it displays a log on the phone of all calls into the system) I'm quite sure every CID displayed, never saw Camp On when pressing * to scroll backwards. I believe it is consistent just on line 1 (A CO appearance on the phones)- at least that's how it was last week. They've reported that the trouble returned, so I assume it's the same, will find out when I go on site.

Keyset6 Offline OP
OP Offline
Went to the site today - customer said it hasn't happened since Friday. Made many tests calls, could not reproduce the trouble. Being new to Iwatsu I now know there's an automatic system reset feature, This one is set for 4a.m. daily. Maybe that cleared the trouble? But last week the trouble occurred for a few days until I reset the 408 card. I wonder if like Rolm systems - the system will not reset if there's at least one active connection. I'll try it in the shop PBX.

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
Depending on your voicemail settings, 'Camp On Call' can be a normal indication from a call transferred by the voicemail system. Normally it would depend on whether the call was transferred to a direct extension or to a hunt group, but in an case it doesn't necessarily mean something is wrong.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.

Moderated by  JBean3329 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,695
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
4 members (Professor Shadow, Curlycord, dans, Toner), 94 guests, and 255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024