Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#612601 09/14/17 10:25 PM
John807 Offline OP
OP Offline
Here's one for you, guy has a fire phone system is toast. We contracted to replace the phone system and can only do the undamaged half we moved phones to the new phone system to get him back in service and moved what were existing sets to spare jacks in the undamaged half. He ordered new sets to fill in the damaged half (not used yet). We brought him back in service where we could (for the total number of contracted time and sets). Now he wants to hold final payment for 2 months while contractors fix the damaged area. Thoughts?
TIA

John 807
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

What does your contract say? That is what will determine if he can or can't

Patrick T. Caezza
Santa Paula, CA 93060
C-7 - Low Voltage System Contractor - Lic# 992448
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Is there more work to do in order to complete what they hired you for?

Was the customer aware of your terms up front? Is this a long time customer with which you have a good relationship? Is his insurance going to cover this? Something about this sounds a little weird.

St Petersburg
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Usually I feel lu87cky to get paid within 3 months, so 2 months is no big deal...

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
Sounds like he's waiting for the insurance company to pay up. How and when you get paid should have been conveyed to the customer when you originally quoted him. Everything should have been in writing signed by you and the customer with a payment (I get 50%) up front. I've seen this kind of thing many times. Customer has a fire or some other kind of disaster and they promise anybody that comes along that they will pay to get them up and running. Then it comes time to collect. Many times the insurance company doesn't quite agree with what you charged and what they think it was worth.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
long ago and far away, a faithful old customer had a fire. being service oriented i and several of my cohorts bent over backwards to get this customer back in business including provision of serious equipment because, we all just knew this faithful customer would do all the right things. a few weeks later, he bought a new system from a competitor. we certainly learned from the situation.

HE SEEMS TO BE SAYING SOME KIND OF WORDS
John807 Offline OP
OP Offline
New client. Going to give them the benefit of the doubt. Problem is the terms of the contract have been met. New equipment 8 hours labor. Unfortunately they used the labor time to move and back fill space with people. Battle I will fight later.

John 807
Originally Posted by dude
long ago and far away, a faithful old customer had a fire. being service oriented i and several of my cohorts bent over backwards to get this customer back in business including provision of serious equipment because, we all just knew this faithful customer would do all the right things. a few weeks later, he bought a new system from a competitor. we certainly learned from the situation.
What happened to you has happened to all of us at one time or another. Unfortunately there is very little loyalty in this business. I have a couple customers where everything is done with a handshake, with everyone else, it's not a deal until they sign on the dotted line.

St Petersburg
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Too many times we become a bank, or loan company for the end user.AND hope to get paid.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,280
Posts638,742
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,346 Shoretel
188,180 CTX100 install
187,022 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 15
jc2it 4
dexman 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (newtecky, nortelvoip), 99 guests, and 100 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024