web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#613105 10/08/17 12:12 AM
OP Offline
Hi,I need help in my upgrade from a Merlin II to Merlin Legend. Two questions. (1) I'm looking at Processor cards on eBay, and bought one that said it would work on either a Legend or Magix - model 617R33-KML w/ CKE5. When I plug in the System programming phone, its dead. The MLX phones work when plugged into the 408 MLX w/ ID, but the ATLs don't. From what I can find, it is not backwards compatible to the Legend. I've located another card on ebay, but I can't tell the release or processor level - LEGEND PROCESSOR 517H33 108004573 MODULE. The Legend is for a residence, so I'm only using ATL and 4 MLX phones for caller ID, and 016 Basic set cards, acting as a Key system. Given this, what is the minimum Processor I can use and how to identify? My 2nd question is the 016 card w/ ring gen. And special requirements to use this for single line sets? I've read countless documents on the Legend, but can't find these answers, and no mention of a 016 card (only 012). I'm using the right cards for the MLX and ATL phones, with the MLS card in the 1st slot after the processor. Thanks for any insight! Jim

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
I'm a bit unclear about what is being plugged into what. The MLX board supports MLX phones and ATL boards support ATL phones. Legend processor R7 V14.2 is the last software before Lucent introduced the Magix.

The Legend supports MLX, ATL, Partner and SLTs.

I Love FEATURE 00
OP Offline
Hi, I know it sounds confusing... When I looked on eBay for a Legend processor card, I found one that said "LEGEND PROCESSOR 517H33 108004573 MODULE". How can I tell what release and processor chip (CKE4..5, etc) it is?

I read last night that it you use the Magix processor card, it won't support Legend ATL cards. Since my system has mostly ATL cards, then I'll need to find an original Legend processor.

My other question is will the 016 basic telephone card work with any Legend processor card; the only ones I've seen are the 012 cards.

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Just out of courisity why would toy want a Merlin Legend in your home.

It's older then dirt. Been od 20 or more years ago.

OP Offline
Good question; the Merlin system has phones that have a great design, and the system has simple, but great features; I know its overkill for a home, but the auto ans voice intercom, auto dial buttons, and delayed ring options are perfect for a residence. Also, I'm slightly partial, having retired from AT&T Labs, and got to work in HQ for many years, and used all the systems starting with 1A2 (also my hobby) up to IP phones in my office now. The designs have stood the test of time!

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
I think that the 016 T/R will work. The thing about using the codes on the outside of the processor itself is that the board could have been flashed at some point.

If you have access to WinSPM, you can get a snapshot of the entire carrier. The stats for the processor would be displayed. There is also a way to see it from the main console, but I'm a bit hazy. Possibly under Maintenance.

Actually, the Partner ACS R7 and 8 make fine residential systems. I have an R7 with voice mail.

I'd be comfortable swapping it out with a Magix, with the exception of the still high prices for the voice mail components....module and license.

Another thing to be mindful of with the Legend and Magix is that they don't take too kindly to system changes....swapping out a 408 MLX for a 016 MLX for example. You'll find yourself having to do a Board Renumber and programming contortions.

I Love FEATURE 00
since you want to keep your ATL sets and you want to use a 016 T&R you will need a Release 7 legend, with a cke 4 or 5 , a cke 3 if used will not show more than 12 stations use of the 016
look for a legend upgrade card on ebay for a release 7, then you can use a magix pross to down grade with a clamshell to work on your system

Last edited by cvrbob; 10/09/17 12:06 PM.
[
It's almost unbelievable the durability of some of the Merlin machines.

Trump 2020
Proud 1 star member.
Moderator-1A2
Moderator-1A2
I've been repairing and selling the old 206 and 410 breadboxes and cleaning up. Every 206 I've fixed has had the same issue, a tantalum capacitor shorts and burns a trace on the board. Replace the cap, repair the trace and it's up and running again. 410's seem to be a mixed bag as far as what makes them fail, but aside from one that took a lightning hit, I've always been able to get them going again. Once I get the warning light out, check all the ports, and it's functional again, I always rebuild the power supply and let it run for a week or two to make sure it's going to hang in, if it passes that test it's off to ebay. People that have them don't like to give them up.

OP Offline
I've been trying to install the WinSPM9 software so I can configure the Merlin Legend. When I click install nothing happens. Also tried to run under Win7 option and as an Admin, still nothing happens. Anyone know if it can run under Win10? Thanks, Jim

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (nortelvoip), 193 guests, and 243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024