web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Admin
Admin
Originally Posted by John807
I don't know that one. One system I remember had "Greensleeves" as the music on hold music plus I think it had one other equally bad tune for a choice of one of two. I think maybe Extrom or Code-a-Phone? Two unusual systems from the '80's

The early Samsung 816s had the choice of Greensleeves or or the Beethoven classic Fur Elise.

[Linked Image]
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
One system I remember had "Greensleeves" as the music on hold .....

Wasn't that the "Old Grey Whale" - The Tie 1030? Circa 1972

Sam

"Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?"
Admin
Admin
How about the Panasonic 208 system it give you two tunes to choose from.. a wedding tune or a funeral

Merritt

Business Telephones & Equipment + Commercial Audio/Video Products
Commercial Communications . . . Turner, Maine
If it was built after 1980 don't expect it to work right.
Retired Admin
Online Thinking
Retired Admin
I have always discouraged customers from plugging in a radio. When they aren't concerned because it's against the law, stop Jail Rulez

I tell then, "What happens while they are on hold they hear an advertisement from your competition?"
If that doesn't work they usually pick NPR.

I HATE an out of frequency radio!

Dean
Photographs:
https://www.instagram.com/deanwilsoncanby/
https://fstoppers.com/profile/deanwilsoncanby
https://www.facebook.com/Dean-Wilson-Photography-112841337020414

Please don't confuse your "Internet Search" with my licenses, certifications and over 30 years experience.

"Thank you for calling Technical Support. If you feel you have reached this number in error, please hang up and press redial."
Meritt,

What's the difference? devil

Back in the 70s, here in Pittsburgh, ASCAP hired some low life types to call businesses and ask some really goofy question which would prompt the operator to put them on hold. If they heard a radio, the business was sent a cease and desist order and some, (the really well healed corporate types,) got hit with thousand dollar fines. If they heard music that was on their copyright list, they sent the same cease and desist order and warned the people that, if caught again, there would be huge fines levied. A few cases went to court. There were mixed results. Several companies were hit and the music they were playing was in the public domain. It was kind of a free-for-all because the "rules" were kind of made up as they went. BMI got involved, as well, and complicated things even more. Because of the mess they made in Pittsburgh and other cities, the courts forced, at that time, ASCAP and BMI to adopt actual rules and out of those rules came some exclusions. Here a link to better understand the music on hold and background music copyright rules: Click Here

My advice to our customers is to purchase, from us, a music on hold device with licensed content. The new Grace music on hold devices even allow the user to add announcements and do advertising. As if being on "Ignore" isn't infuriating enough!

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
ASCAP hired some low life types...

Way back around then I was asked by them to pay attention when I visited businesses and let them know what kind of music they were playing- CD, radio etc. I wasn't low enough to do that kind of thing.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024