web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
ceez Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a problem with an extension i want to delete.

We deleted the subscriber from our audix system but when we do "rem st xxx" in our g3 system it says that there are messages pending and cant be deleted. How do i get around this? if possible steps by steps since i am what people call a "n00b".

Thank you for your help,

ceez

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Simply go in and change the password to say the extension. Dial into Audix via the telephone and listen to the message. If it's work, forward it to the supervisor. Otherwise, delete all messages held in that mailbox. Then go in and rem sub xxxx and it will let you do this.

I always request that staff clean out their mailboxes before they leave (if going on their own terms) so I don't have to listen to private information. If new stuff comes in, the supervisor gets it.

The mailbox can never be deleted without removing all message content.

Hope this helps. Rhonda

To Succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone. ..Reba McEntire
Do the command clear amw all 5000 (the 5000 is the station number you are trying to clear, so your number will be different) and then you should be able to do a rem stat 5000.

ceez Offline OP
OP Offline
@Rhonda, I ended up doing what you advised. I didnt really listen to the message, just *D right before every message to delete.

@Supertech2000, does the "clear amw all xxx" clear all the messages without having to manually log in and deleting them manually???

Thkz

clear amw all XXXX makes the MWI go out so you can remove the station. It does not delete the messages.

[Linked Image from phototiki.com]
ceez Offline OP
OP Offline
@liquidvw
I am a total n00b at this stuff. What is MWI?

So if I can delete the station w/out listening to messages, what happens when someone else comes in and the same station is created? Will they hear the previous persons vmails?

What is the command to modify a current sub? I only know how to remove and add [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

Does anyone know of a good website out there to help people get started in definity/audix systems. I tried reading avaya but it's too technical for people trying to learn.

Thanks again and sorry for so many Q's!

Ceez,

The issue with deleting messages without listening to them is what if it's a customer call and you delete it and the information doesn't get forwarded to someone? Maybe it's an important vendor call? I only delete the girlfriend/boyfriend type calls.

Also, I removed the mailbox for the station while no one is stationed there. You help to avoid any type of fraud to an unattended mailbox. Then when someone new comes in, they get a new/clean mailbox and they can record their name and greeting and change their password.

Go to Avaya.com and look for training on Avaya Systems. You can do some of the training via CD Rom, in person or maybe via the Internet.

To Succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone. ..Reba McEntire

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,784
Members49,766
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,805 Shoretel
188,963 CTX100 install
187,200 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, nfcphoneman), 153 guests, and 166 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024