Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#7797 09/13/05 10:26 AM
sampson Offline OP
OP Offline
My company is installing a new dialer solution and we want both a phoneset on the desk and a dial pad. The dial pad would be for connecting to the dialer and the phoneset would be for any business not done via the dialer. I picked up a plantronics dial pad(T10) but am not getting a dial tone. When I called them they said it was analog only and they did not have a product that works with digital ines.
Does anybody have experiences with dial pads or know if anybody makes one that will work with digital lines?
If this post is in the wrong area, please move.

Thanks in advance for any/all feedback,
-Glenn

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#7798 09/13/05 11:37 PM
What kind of phone system? Some digital telephones (NEC, Nortel etc) have analog terminal adapters available.

#7799 09/14/05 02:27 AM
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
like the previos psoter said , you need a analog adapter for your switch .

post the switch manufacturere and we can help from there. all switchs have soem sort of analog interface available .

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
#7800 09/14/05 03:39 AM
sampson Offline OP
OP Offline
post the switch manufacturere and we can help from there. all switchs have soem sort of analog interface available .[/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quick replies!
We have a Nitsuko 704i. We do have analog ports available, but want something that would work with digital(16 port card vs. 32 line card). We are close to capacity in the switch right now and most of our analog is taken up with VM and faxes. If we want to roll this out co. wide(200+)we will need a dial pad that is compatible with digital.
Any suggestions other than analog dial pads?

Thanks again for the feedback!
-Glenn

#7801 09/14/05 03:50 AM
What kind of dialer is it. I integrated mine so we use the same digital phones for both. Any user on the system can access the dialer using a trunk key. When not taking dialer calls they hang up that trunk.

#7802 09/14/05 03:59 AM
sampson Offline OP
OP Offline
Tbe dialer is Stratasoft. The dialer currently works with the digital phonesets. We are currently in the testing phases but there are functions of the phone like intercom and notification lights that the dept. still wants to utilize. This is the reason for the dial pads. They can be on the dialer via the dial pad, but still have intercom functionality(among others) with the phoneset.
Basically they need a way for 2 seperate departments to pass call via the dialer and still use the phones to intercom each other to find out if a call can be passed and to take outside calls. They also use the key lights to see who may be available for a call and who is not. When using the phoneset with the dialer, they always have an open audio path and always show as busy or on the phone.

I hope this gives a better look of what we are doing and why we want to utilize dial pads.
Let me know if there is more information needed.
Thanks for all the input!
-Glenn

#7803 09/14/05 05:24 AM
We do almost exactly that. Once a dialer agent has a call they need to transfer they do it like it was a regular call. Then pick up another trunk to reconnect to the dialer. We used to have it set up with a m-10 headset and seperate phone but with the new configuration I was able to do away with the analog portion and just use digital phones. This way anybody in the office can conect to the dialer from any desk.

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,280
Posts638,741
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,294 Shoretel
188,179 CTX100 install
187,022 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 15
teleco 4
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (mongo5150, dans, newtecky), 79 guests, and 103 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024