web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Don't know how I did this - but now my phone just sort of half-rings once, then goes to voicemail. How do I reset it so that my phone rings normally so I can actually answer it?

Thanks!

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Do you mean on the initial incoming call, or when a call is transferred from another extension to your's?

OP Offline
On the initial incoming call.

Then you have probably have a voice mail port that is not in hunt group 7, or the VMS Hunt Delay is set to 0. Has any programming been done lately, or have you added any more modules to your system? What is in the carrier, in terms of modules and their order.

OP Offline
No programming done lately - I might have hit a button accidentally. Not sure I can answer the tech questions - it's an Avaya 6408D+ on a large network. That's all I know - any ideas?

OP Offline
I got it - the solution was to get a dialtone and hit #, 3

Apparently I put it into this mode accidentally by hitting *, D

Thanks for the help anyway!

=8-)

You are speaking of "send all calls". Which sends incoming calls to your next covarage point, in your case voice mail. *3 and #3 will be different depending on who configure the system. To see you FAC's, run the command 'disp feat' page 3 will have your send all calls activation and deactivation. I usually do not but FAC's for send all calls, becuase people do exactly as you did. Enable it and not know how to turn it off. The best bet is to use a hard button with send all calls, this way you have a light when it is on and no light when it is off...

[Linked Image from phototiki.com]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,784
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,903 Shoretel
188,981 CTX100 install
187,206 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 130 guests, and 176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024