web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
One other question: does replacing the backup battery in the processor unit require re-programming the system, or does it have like a 30 second or couple-minute backup capacitor that will save programming during the short duration of a battery change? Where do I get a replacement battery for the processor?

Depends on the processor. If it's an ACS there are two AAA batteries right there in the front. Replace them with the POWER ON and you will have no problem.

If you have a Partner Plus or Partner II the NiCad battery is not user replaceable. It is soldered internally to the PC board and requires disassembly and component level repair. The recommendation is to replace, not repair.

If you are having loss of programming problems with one of these when the power goes down I would recommend that you take the opportunity to upgrade to an ACS which also has the ability to backup your programming to a removable PC card.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

OP Offline
Follow-up post-install report.

Just to give a data-point for future reference or those who come upon this thread later:

I got the replacement 206 R2.0 module, powered off the carrier, removed the dead 206, inserted the replacement unit, replaced the various line and extension modular plugs, powered up, and everything was dandy.

No programming appears to have been lost. Though, it's possible that that is because the system is running in factory-default mode already. There are 4 incoming COs and 5 extensions, with no VM or AA. I'm not familiar enough with Partner Plus / ACS to know what the default config looks like or whether the systems are usable "out of the box" without assigning CO ringing to extensions, etc. as you often must do with other systems.

Thanks for all your help & replies.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Thank you anacrhon for providing the follow-up. Many of us here offer advice, yet we never know if the information we gave actually helped. Knowing that you received useful advice helps us learn too. It's great that you are back up and running.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
Hi anacrhon,

The Avaya Partner ACS is available with 2 default configurations. The R6 is a 3x8 (3 lines 8 extensions) while the R7 is a 5x9 (5 lines 9 extensions)

I Love FEATURE 00
OP Offline
Hi, re: default configs, I didn't mean hardware-wise, I mean, when you power on and boot up a Partner Plus or ACS, and reset the programming to factory default, is the system ready to make and receive calls on ordinary telco POTS CO lines? I.e. if you just plug in 2 (or 4) CO lines, and a bunch of Lucent extensions (handsets), does the system work normally, or do you have to program in the CO lines specifically, i.e. to allow each ext. to access them, receive rings, etc.?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,289
Posts638,795
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,352 Shoretel
189,010 CTX100 install
187,392 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 21
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (James D., Toner), 202 guests, and 384 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024