Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
swctech Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello,
I am new to the forum and new to Merlin Messaging 4.0 and I'm in desparate need of some help. The Merlin Messaging module I recently purchased (supposed to be new) apparently has a sysadmin password set on it that isn't any of the defaults published by Avaya. After hours of tech support, the supplier is also baffled as the unit was supposed to be new. So, can someone please explain how to reset the modules' sysadmin password? I've seen some posts in this forum on this topic and I'm hoping the procedure exists.

Thanks SO much in advance.
Dave

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
First,I would make my supplier stand behind what they sell.

Second, we can not give that info out in a pulicly viewed forum. (Hope you understand)

You can contact a moderator of this forum through PM or e-mail and it can be re-set to defaults, but there will be a small fee.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
And just so you know, there is NO default password, published or unpublished for this system. A factory defaulted system will force you to create the password the first time you log into the Administrator's account.

Contact whoever you got the system from. If they were baffled, you may want to return it and purchase from someone that can support it.

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Sounds like a defective card or refurbished and not defaulted. If purchased from a AVAYA BP it should be no problem to correct the problem.

swctech Offline OP
OP Offline
All,
Thanks for the input. Mike Daniel was extremely helpful and was able to solve the problem last night and get us going again on this very important project.

We'll be having a chat with our Avaya BP this morning - once we got into the module it was VERY clear that it was a reburb card that hadn't been cleaned properly.

Thanks again for the input,
Dave

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,288
Posts638,794
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,350 Shoretel
189,000 CTX100 install
187,391 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 136 guests, and 412 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024