Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13
dexman Offline OP
Spam Hunter
OP Offline
Spam Hunter
Hi TTT!

Given the limited recording time of the PVM, I can now see why they would say 12 boxes.

Yup, I see the reference to the 9040.

I Love FEATURE 00
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Semi-hijack: There are lots of ugly phones out there and they seem to be getting increasingly uglier. I haven't looked at the literature until now, but I couldn't resist using the links that Dexman provided. I have to say that the One-X phone is just about the ugliest phone I have ever seen. Remove the handset, add two white stripes and it could easily become a football. What's up with the trend to make the shape of phones into circles? Is is a case of "let's keep up with Cisco"? Are phones circular in Europe?

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
dexman Offline OP
Spam Hunter
OP Offline
Spam Hunter
I would say that it is more evolution than anything else.

Today's cars (sedans for instance) have that melted bean shape while most cars prior to the 90's had a squared off boxy look.

The rounded telephone look will take some getting used to. I will give Lucent & Avaya credit for using rounded buttons on the Partner Euro and Magix 4400 series telephones.

Can't speak for others, but my fingertips are rounded, not squared-off.

(Earth to Nortel!)

I Love FEATURE 00
I love the one-x phones. They are the same ones used on the definity platform. 46XX or the new 96XX. Paperless labeling makes MAC's so much easier.

[Linked Image from phototiki.com]
In my opinion I would go with Avaya.

dexman Offline OP
Spam Hunter
OP Offline
Spam Hunter
Last night, I scanned part of Avaya's 10-K filing from last week. The first 21 or so pages speak volumes of Avaya's future plans (much of which has been discussed in this topic).

https://investors.avaya.com/sec/sec.asp

2 points that stuck out like a sore thumbs are:

1) Avaya out-sources production, warehousing and distribution of its products.

2) Avaya is moving away from traditional telephone systems and betting the farm (so to speak) on VOIP, so the unofficial end of production target date for the Partner ACS seems like a done deal.

I Love FEATURE 00
dexman Offline OP
Spam Hunter
OP Offline
Spam Hunter
I had 1 more thought about Avaya's future before this topic can probably be put to bed. :rofl:

I Love FEATURE 00
I that's the case I don't see anything happening other than Partner going away. The Partner was part of a line of systems from Avaya- Partner, Magix, IPO, Definity. Partner by itself would be an orphan, no other manufacturer would want it by itself since they have comparable products and unless they can add it to their own line. Also, no new company is going to want to invest money into a legacy system because of IP. So, my opinion is if Avaya has it they should keep it as long as it makes money. They outsource everything anyway so if they are losing money on this they have real problems no one is mentioning. Isn't that why Lucent dumped them?

I think the larger picture for all to realize is that Avaya itself is not doing well and they are throwing buckets of water off a sinking ship.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
dexman Offline OP
Spam Hunter
OP Offline
Spam Hunter
The way I understand it is that Avaya was formed out of Lucent's decision to concentrate on producing Central Office equipment (such as the WaveStar).

I guess Lucent had 2 choices, sell off or split apart. So, they split the company and out popped Avaya.

If I could predict the future, I would speculate that the big players in telecommunication will fully exit the TDM market and go full bore into VOIP (Avaya is in the process of doing this and it is a safe bet that other manufacturers, such as Nortel, are watching).

To fill in the void, manufacturers from other parts of the world could market small TDM systems and such equipment would fill what will become a niche market.

I Love FEATURE 00
Very good points on avaya. Lucent has been stuck in the mud.

Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,769
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,454 Shoretel
188,306 CTX100 install
187,085 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
3 members (newtecky, Carl Navarro, James D.), 121 guests, and 269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024