web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
That's what I was getting at. If this is truly a fluctuating volume level then it is very improbable that all 20 phones are going to be defective, particulary with two of them being different.

I would look at the processor, swap it out and see what happens.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

I don't know if there's a parallel, but I'll throw it into the mix anyway. I've seen this problem with the Magix 44xx series sets from time to time, which has to do with the placement of the microphone.

There were two versions of the 44xx sets, one with the microphone located on the bottom of the set, and another with the mic on the side of the unit. The one with the bottom-facing microphone would exibit varying volume problems during speakerphone use...just as was described here. It turns out that the units automatically dampen the speaker volume if the input from the microphone got too hot. This was done to prevent speakerphone to microphone feedback.

The trouble always seemed to rear it's head when the phone was placed on a shiny hard surface. And I was always able to alleviate it by placing the phone on a mouse pad.

It was pointed out that the Partner phones are half-dux, so I don't know if my story will be helpful, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

"Press play and record at the same time" -- Tim Alberstein
I had about the same type of problem with a 308 card on a R-6 system. I wasn't getting enough power out of the card to ring SL phones and was getting low volume on my 18d's. Changed out the 308 and everything was fine.

OP Offline
Originally posted by hbiss:
Yup, my mistake. I was hoping that maybe this was another R7 bug being discovered.

Another thought. Like I said, 20 phones with the same problem is pretty weird (unless you buy my dumping theory). I know you said that the customer is complaining of "inconsistant volume". The Partner speaker phones are not full duplex. They can only handle one side of a conversation at once. You will hear the caller through the speaker until you say something at which time the speaker will cut off to allow your side of the conversation to be sent. You can't talk and listen at the same time as you can with the handset. Noise levels in the room will have the same effect- cutting off the speaker when they reach a certain level.

Perhaps this is what they are describing?

-Hal
Hal,
After doing a site visit, I determined that the problem is the speaker phone is not full duplex.
It isn't fading, it is simply being cutout.
Does anyone have a solution? the customer is only concerned about 3 stations. Are teh older style phones full duplex? How about using another device, like a Polycom conference phone?

Polycoms are full duplex and should solve your issues.

To Succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone. ..Reba McEntire
I agree, Polycom would be the solution if they are serious speakerphone users. There is no difference between the old and new Partner phones.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,784
Members49,766
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,806 Shoretel
188,965 CTX100 install
187,201 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (Touch Tone Tommy), 168 guests, and 173 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024