web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#85125 06/07/07 04:15 AM
MikeyMC Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a P ACS R3.0.3 that has worked well for years. Recently the system was shut off for a move to a new location and when it was powered up again it seems that the settings were all reset to factory defaults.

After many hours of reading the manual and programming I have gotten back to 90% of where I was before the move.

The problem I can't seem to resolve is that voice mail does not pick up at extensions. When somebody calls in the AA picks up fine. If you enter an extension you get transferred to the correct phone but if nobody picks up it will ring until you hang up.

The mailboxes are still there. You can log into them and old voice mails are still there. I made sure they were assigned to the extensions and they are. I have even tried reinitializing a mailbox and that did not work.

I setup a do not disturb button on a couple of phones and when that is enables and you call that extension a message says "That extension is not available. To call another extension press x8 or wait to be transfer to the receptionist".

Another little problem I have is that when an outside call comes in every phone connected to the system rings once. This originally started when we installed an expansion for more line. Only the lines on the expansion would do this. Now all the lines are doing this and I can tell if I don’t get that problem fix I will end up going crazy in a year or two.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

First problem: #310. Assign (1) coverage to all extensions with mailboxes.

Second problem: I assume that you want the AA to pick up all calls, they shouldn't ring on any phones until the AA transfers them to an extension. You need to turn off ringing on all phones using Central Telephone Programming from extension 10 or 11. (Feature)(0)(0)(left intercom)(left intercom)(right intercom). Now enter the first ectension you want to program. Press each line button until the display says "no ring". When done press the left intercom button again to repeat the procedure for the next extension. When finished with all extensions do (feature)(0)(0) again or just lift the handset.

If all extensions are exactly the same as far as the lines are assigned you can do one extension as above then use #399 to copy that extension to the others.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
MikeyMC Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you so much. That worked perfectly.

Now its time to figure out how to use this backup card I have so I don't have to go through the trouble of configuring it if this happens again.

Again thank you very much

How about changing the AAA batteries in the acs.
With the power on please.

MikeyMC Offline OP
OP Offline
LOL,

Well one of my associates was looking the ACS over while I was installing the networking equipment. He was curious about the little section where the AAA batteries go in and took them out. That is the reason why I had to reprogram everything.

The silver lining, for me anyway, was that he was then given the task of running all of the network cable throughout the building while I was programming the phones. Next time we move I am going to get another new guy to do the same thing.

If there was no a/c power to system and he removed the batteries the system went to default.
Thats why you change the batteries with the power on.

MikeyMC Offline OP
OP Offline
I understand why it happened. I would never have done that in the first place. It was just an employee doing something dumb.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
#123 is your friend.

automatic backups are what save me laugh

Of course, you have to have a backup card in the system (not always a sure thing here.)

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (nortelvoip), 193 guests, and 243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024