web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Ahh, Ok, I didn't remember that. Is this a standalone processor? No carrier or expansion mods? Is there a PC card VM as vad asks?

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

OP Offline
The system has a 509 processor, a 308 card in the first slot, a 400 card in the second slot, and a second 400 card in the 4th slot. There is a small VM card in the processor. There are 6 18d sets, 3 of which are key sets and 3 are pool sets. There are 10 analog sets and a credit card machine. The Auto Attendant answers all 15 c/o lines and uses selector codes for direct transfer. Lines 2 thru 15 are in the main pool.
I've called the main number, which hunts, from 5 different phones at the same time (well as fast as I could dial). Two answer and the rest ring and the system does not restart.

Since you replaced the processor I think you are going to have to either start replacing the VM card and the expansion mods as well as the 5 slot carrier (one at a time!) or remove everything, operate with just the processor and start adding things back one at a time. I suspect it will operate just fine with just the standalone ACS.

That is where I would start looking, I seriously doubt a phone would cause this. This is also why, if you are going to service and install these systems you are going to need to have spare equipment on hand or at least be willing to purchase same. That's the only way you are going to diagnose weird problems like this.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Hi,

I work with Bill. Here is a review of what has been done so far.

New 509 Processor, 308EC, (2) 400 and large pc mail card installed. Installed 6 18-Button Display phones and the customer used 9 plantronics T10 analog headsets for their telemarketers.

After installation, system would crash. Log shows "software initiated cold start".

We started by adding a UPS to the system. No change.

Swapped out 509 Processor. No change.
Swapped out 5-slot carrier. No change.
Swapped out 308 expansion. No change.
Swapped out 400 mods. No change.

Found 2 pairs reverse on cable for Ext. 10. Corrected and system stayed up for 2 days without crashing. Then crashed.

Have checked all other cabling. Have removed groups of the analog headsets. System continues to crash.

We are taking each CO line out of the system one at a time to see if that could be the cause.

Have not swapped out VM card yet.

We are currently trying a new 18-button phone at ext. 10 and will rotate it through the other locations as the system crashes.

Any other suggestions?

Pull or swap out the VM card. What exactly happens when the system "crashes"? Does this happen during the day, after hours? Any particular pattern?

-Hal

How about loop current? High loop current can cause systems to do funny things. Seems to me you've pretty well replace all equipment.

Retired phone dude
Nahh, something's not right with this story. I want to know exactly what the system does. Does it act like you pulled the plug or what?

-Hal

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
I agree with Hal. Something is missing here.

Swapped out the VM card yesterday, system crashed this morning.

Right before it goes down, all of the buttons on the 18-Ds become inoperable. Then the system shut down, drops all calls and then power cycles back to life.

Moved the replacement 18-D to ext. 11 and removed the existing 18-d from the system.

So now, other than the 5 remaining ext. with 18-Ds, we've replaced every component of the system except the OHP 6000 music on hold.

Jim

RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
I see you installed a UPS have you tried pulling the UPS power plug from the wall to be sure the system doesn't restart if the UPS loses power ?

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,289
Posts638,796
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,352 Shoretel
189,013 CTX100 install
187,392 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 21
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 3
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (Touch Tone Tommy), 129 guests, and 400 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024